The Creepy Cull of Female Protagonists from the Escapist

I hope that this embed works because it's not from YouTube.

Jimquisition talks about female characters in video games.

DELETED

The embed does NOT work. Here's the link:

(MOD REMOVED) Language in video.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

no one really cares if a video game protagonist is male or female to be honest. the media just makes a ridiculously big deal out of it.

Old news.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

no one really cares if a video game protagonist is male or female to be honest. the media just makes a ridiculously big deal out of it.

[/quote]

Translation- I don't care therefore no one does and it's a media conspiracy.

Amazing post bro.

Bro? Are you some 16 year old Basement dweller?

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[/quote]

Translation- I don't care therefore no one does and it's a media conspiracy.

Amazing post bro.

[/quote]

no the translation is, never has a game come out and a large group of people went "well I can't be a male therefore I won't get the game" stop looking like a tool.

I don't personally care if the lead is female. I would likely have a better time relating to a male character, but then again, it probably wouldn't matter. I really don't think it's as big a deal as he makes it out to be.  

-

However, ideally, every game should just give the option to play as male/ female.

[/quote]

I didn't know you spoke for everyone.

I actually do care because I want to see different kinds of protagonists in games, not just women, but homosexuals, old people, blacks, latinos, asians, etc as well.

That video made me laugh.

I just wish we could have some more cool female characters for multiplayer games.

So I don´t have to play the male guy.

And female characters look too sexist.

Halo 4 has a much better look for the female spartans.

There is no big difference and no big *** or big butt.

Whatever this game was they showed in the video where she munched his head :D

I am fine with that character too.

Even Lara Croft is ok. 

Other then that…like I said the video made me laugh :)

The author of the video is pretty funny (and one of the few game reviewers I trust), but it would be unfortunate if that there really was such a sad attitude against women being represented in videogames. It would also explain why all videogame covers look eerily similar (some guy carrying a gun).

If that is true, publishers are really missing the boat on a large consumer base. Didn't I read somewhere that females comprise almost 50% of the gaming population?

Mass Effect 3 has a woman on the cover but just if you flip it xD