The Companions...Really?

I've liked most everything I heard about Skyrim. But this sounds a little...Weak. In Oblivion it was "Want some bloody action!? Join the FIGHTERS GUILD! GO KILL SOMETHING!" Now it seems like, "Hey there little fella, want to join the Companions? Its really fun, ya-hoo!" We're not 5, and this isn't the Blue's Clue's game. I want heavy armored guy's at my back with giant axes who want to take some heads off. Not the...Companions.

Maybe I'm just missing something though? Is there some kind of secret, really awesome meaning to naming them this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

..... I like this better than "-insert class- Guild."   At least they are naming them now.

True, but couldn't they have named this one better? "Nordic Warriors." or "Skyrim Defenders" or "The Skyrim Warriors" or something. Not "Companions."

Those all sound extremely cheesy.

Agreed. And wouldn't that require you to be a Nord, or from Skyrim? Seems limiting.....  They even confirmed that you were crossing the boarder illegally. Companions sounds fine to me.

How about... "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

The Avengers!

It doesn't have to be those names specifically. But something that doesn't sound like a name for a group of 5 year old's from Dora the Explorer, would be good.

How about...... THE MURDEROUS PHYCOS FROM DOWN THE LANE.

The Rabbid Dinosaurs and Dom.

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends!