The Best Controller For MW3?

I'm considering getting a new controller that will work well with MW3 & other shooters that isn't considered a modded controller. Which controller would you recommend & why? Any links, pictures, videos, reviews, or testimonials would be greatly appreciated...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox360wirelesscontroller

My recommendation.  Black > White controller for stealth!

I've tried numerous after market controllers, but none compare to performance you get from the Xbox controller, especially for competitive multiplayer.  I add "FPS freek" add on's to mine to raise the sticks, and they work great for me.  I'd kinda like to try the MLG pro controller that I've seen advertised by Best Buy, as they are compatible with the PS3 as well, but they are made by Mad Catz and my experience with their controllers hasn't been good.

I think the original is the best, Though if you where after 3rd party I'd definately suggest try before buy. I have a cheapo afterglow controller because it felt comfortable in the store. The buttons are so loud and "Clicky" though, I can't use it.

I like the original controller but since I can very easily imagine you getting all the help you can get, just roll into EB and ask what the best is.

Scuf controller hands down.

Corded or wireless ?

https://avengercontroller.com/store/elite-360.html

You could look at this. There are some youtube vids of it and it would probably work great if you can get used to it. The only thing is that you would have to get a new controller and the avenger thing.

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

https://avengercontroller.com/store/elite-360.html

You could look at this. There are some youtube vids of it and it would probably work great if you can get used to it. The only thing is that you would have to get a new controller and the avenger thing.

[/quote]

I've done a lot of research on that & although the concept is pretty neat, I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with the learning curve it might have. If I recall, the company that made it also had a pretty bad rap with its customer-base that was in the news for a quite some time...

[quote user="Gidget Gacy"]

I think the original is the best, Though if you where after 3rd party I'd definately suggest try before buy. I have a cheapo afterglow controller because it felt comfortable in the store. The buttons are so loud and "Clicky" though, I can't use it.

[/quote]I agree with you on this aspect. I've actually tried the afterglow controller at a friend's house & liked it (despite the clicking noises), so I bought it. It lasted 2 weeks before breaking... :(

[quote user="Darth Arbys"]

Corded or wireless ?

[/quote] I have no preference in this regard so it doesn't really matter to me.