The Battlefield 3 Information thread!

Reposted for your pleasure!

I figured seeing how everyone is patiently waiting for the release of Battlefield 3, I thought I'd make an Information thread for all the new people coming to the game. It's also to store all upcoming info, screenshots, videos, and announcements from here until launch.

General Information:

Developers: DICE
Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC
Release Date: October 25th [updated June 7th]
Players: 24 Online
Modes: Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Co-Op Campaign
Rating: Mature
Boxart

Game Information:

• Mounting weapons on almost any terrain
  • Selective Fire (Switch between Single shot, Burst, or Full auto)
  • Upgraded Weapon & FOV system
  • A deeper bullet drop system than in BFBC2
  • Drag wounded soldiers to safety (Singleplayer only feature)
  • More unlocks/content than BFBC2
  • 4 Classes
  • Battle Recorder is possible
  • Character Customization
  • Kill Cam
  • Dedicated Servers

What is...?

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.

• Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights.  Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
  • Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain.  Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.
  • Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles. Other returning fan favourite features include 64 players for PC and prone.
  • Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

Singleplayer Information:

A new animation system will allow players to "drag fallen comrades into safety and mount weapons on almost any part of the terrain". For part of the campaign, the player takes control of Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn. Players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.  Takes place in 2014.

Multiplayer Information:

• Conquest will be included (obviously). Rush is also a given seeing how it was a popular gamemode in the Bad Company series, although we don't know if it will be the same as BC2 or will it be a new variation of Rush.
  • Team death mode is confirmed [updated June 3rd]
  • Prone is confirmed.
  • Jets are confirmed.
  • Player count is confirmed at 24. There are rumors going around that it will be 32, but DICE confirmed it would stay at 24 while PC gets 64 players.
  • Maps will be scaled accordingly.
  • Players flying the jets will have the whole map area to fly in while infantry and ground vehicles are bound to limits.
  • Total number of maps isn't revealed yet, although four has been confirmed.
  • temporarily disable enemy vehicles is confirmed [updated June 3rd]
  • No regenerating heath [updated June 7th]
  • Squad Leader confirmed [updated June 7th]
  • Supression effects confirmed [updated June 7th]

Multiplayer
Maps:

Shariq Peninsula
Gulf of Oman
Wake Island
Strike at Karkand
Operation Métro [updated June 3rd]

Downloada
ble Content:

Pre-orders of the Limited Edition of the game grant access to a DLC pack called "Back to Karkand", a reference to the "Strike at Karkand" map (one of BF2's most popular maps, featuring some of the game's most intense battles), to include four maps and several weapons and vehicles brought over from Battlefield 2. The offer will end when BF3 is released, but leaks from EA indicate that the pack will become available for general purchase after one month.

Beta Information:

On 30 July 2010, EA announced that purchasers of the Limited Edition and Tier 1 Edition of Medal of Honor for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will receive an invitation to the beta contingent on Beta availability within 1 year of Medal of Honor's release on 12 October.

Open beta in September [updated June 7th]

Vehicles (Air, Land & Sea): [updated may 28th]

• LAV-25
  • M1A2
  • Humvee
  • UH-1Y
  • SU-37/SU-34
  • Blackhawk
  • F-16
  • MH-6 Little Bird
  • AAVP7A1

Weapons: [updated June
7th]

• M4
  • M16A4
  • M240
  • RPG-7
  • AT-4
  • DAO-12
  • T-88 LMG
  • SKS Sniper Rifle
  • SMAW
  • M249
  • SVD
  • Pecheneg
  • AK-74M
  • AKS-74U
  • M67 Grenade
  • MP443
  • M9

F
actions:

USMC (United St
ates Marine Corps) Singleplayer/Multiplayer
PLR (People's Liberation Resistance ) Singleplayer, no word on Multiplayer
Spetsnaz (Russian Spetsnaz) Multiplayer, no word on Singleplayer [added June 7th]

Videos:

E3 Multiplayer Reveal

[added June 7th]
Battlefield 3 Fault Line Series Episode I: Bad Part of Town
-- Analysis

Battlefield 3 Fault Line Series Episode II: Good Effect On Target
-- Analysis

Battlefield 3 Fault Line Series Episode III: Get That Wire Cut
-- An
alysis

Full 12 minute Fault Line Series

G4TV - Patrick Bach Demo Interview

Battlefield 3 Gameplay Debut Teaser

GamerSpawn - Back to Karkand & More

Battlefield 3 Teaser Trailer

GamerSpawn - First Look

FB2 - Real-Time Radiosity

Articles:

ODG Tactical Breakdown
Game Informer - BF3 March Cover
Game Informer - BF3 Enter The Hub
IGN - Battlefield 3 SP Demo Preview

I'll update the OP when I get more information.

In the mean time, lets get this sticky'd!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Great post my friend. Hopefully the M249 SAW will be in the game... They better not do what (I must say the name...) IW did from MW to MW2 and switch the M249 with the M240. This game is going to be killer. Can't wait for the beta

[quote user="Gator26"]

Great post my friend. Hopefully the M249 SAW will be in the game... They better not do what (I must say the name...) IW did from MW to MW2 and switch the M249 with the M240. This game is going to be killer. Can't wait for the beta

[/quote]

They will, cause the Marines use the M240s now.

But, personally (In terms of how they look), Mk48 > M249 > M240

Nice Job, cannot wait for the game to come out.

Nice work

Great work.  DICE really seems to be working hard on BF 3, and rightly so.  And MW 3 is competing with all this how?

sweet thanks for the repost on the New forum...

Excuse me, I need to go pre-order this game.

Be right back.

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

[quote user="Gator26"]

[/quote]

They will, cause the Marines use the M240s now.

But, personally (In terms of how they look), Mk48 > M249 > M240

[/quote]

Yes but they still use the M249. lol the MK48 and SAW look almost exactly alike. I rock that gun in GRAW 8-)

Also, does anyone know if the medic class will be separate from the gunner class? I thought I heard this somewhere.

I'm a huge Battlefield fan, and totally excited for BF3. I think the only two games I'm looking forward to this year is BF3, and TES V: Skyrim.

yes thanks for bringing this over.