Reposted for your pleasure!
I figured seeing how everyone is patiently waiting for the release of Battlefield 3, I thought I'd make an Information thread for all the new people coming to the game. It's also to store all upcoming info, screenshots, videos, and announcements from here until launch.
Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC
Release Date: October 25th [updated June 7th]
Players: 24 Online
Modes: Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Co-Op Campaign
- Mounting weapons on almost any terrain
- Selective Fire (Switch between Single shot, Burst, or Full auto)
- Upgraded Weapon & FOV system
- A deeper bullet drop system than in BFBC2
- Drag wounded soldiers to safety (Singleplayer only feature)
- More unlocks/content than BFBC2
- 4 Classes
- Battle Recorder is possible
- Character Customization
- Kill Cam
- Dedicated Servers
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.
- Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
- Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles. Other returning fan favourite features include 64 players for PC and prone.
- Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
A new animation system will allow players to "drag fallen comrades into safety and mount weapons on almost any part of the terrain". For part of the campaign, the player takes control of Staff Sergeant Henry Blackburn. Players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York. Takes place in 2014.
- Conquest will be included (obviously). Rush is also a given seeing how it was a popular gamemode in the Bad Company series, although we don't know if it will be the same as BC2 or will it be a new variation of Rush.
- Team death mode is confirmed [updated June 3rd]
- Prone is confirmed.
- Jets are confirmed.
- Player count is confirmed at 24. There are rumors going around that it will be 32, but DICE confirmed it would stay at 24 while PC gets 64 players.
- Maps will be scaled accordingly.
- Players flying the jets will have the whole map area to fly in while infantry and ground vehicles are bound to limits.
- Total number of maps isn't revealed yet, although four has been confirmed.
- temporarily disable enemy vehicles is confirmed [updated June 3rd]
- No regenerating heath [updated June 7th]
- Squad Leader confirmed [updated June 7th]
- Supression effects confirmed [updated June 7th]
Gulf of Oman
Strike at Karkand
Operation Métro [updated June 3rd]
Pre-orders of the Limited Edition of the game grant access to a DLC pack called "Back to Karkand", a reference to the "Strike at Karkand" map (one of BF2's most popular maps, featuring some of the game's most intense battles), to include four maps and several weapons and vehicles brought over from Battlefield 2. The offer will end when BF3 is released, but leaks from EA indicate that the pack will become available for general purchase after one month.
On 30 July 2010, EA announced that purchasers of the Limited Edition and Tier 1 Edition of Medal of Honor for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will receive an invitation to the beta contingent on Beta availability within 1 year of Medal of Honor's release on 12 October.
Open beta in September [updated June 7th]
Vehicles (Air, Land & Sea): [updated may 28th]
- MH-6 Little Bird
Weapons: [updated June 7th]
- T-88 LMG
- SKS Sniper Rifle
- M67 Grenade
USMC (United States Marine Corps) Singleplayer/Multiplayer
PLR (People's Liberation Resistance ) Singleplayer, no word on Multiplayer
Spetsnaz (Russian Spetsnaz) Multiplayer, no word on Singleplayer [added June 7th]
E3 Multiplayer Reveal
Battlefield 3 Fault Line Series Episode I: Bad Part of Town
Battlefield 3 Fault Line Series Episode II: Good Effect On Target
Battlefield 3 Fault Line Series Episode III: Get That Wire Cut
Full 12 minute Fault Line Series
G4TV - Patrick Bach Demo Interview
Battlefield 3 Gameplay Debut Teaser
GamerSpawn - Back to Karkand & More
Battlefield 3 Teaser Trailer
GamerSpawn - First Look
FB2 - Real-Time Radiosity
ODG Tactical Breakdown
Game Informer - BF3 March Cover
Game Informer - BF3 Enter The Hub
IGN - Battlefield 3 SP Demo Preview
I'll update the OP when I get more information.
In the mean time, lets get this sticky'd!