The avatar marketplace Adidas stores got screwed up

It seems that all the Adidas stores on the avatar marketplace were reset yesterday. I am not sure if any of the items are new, but a lot of items were officially relisted as new even though they were old items. Furthermore, ALL adidas items appear to have been "unofficially" delisted and relisted.

I own a large amount of Adidas items and the "already purchased" shopping cart flag has been removed from all of them. In other words, I am now able to waste my money and buy them again if I so wish.

I checked my other avatar items and they are the same as before, so the problem is exclusive to the Adidas stores.

I have not tested to see if I am able to re-download my previously purchased Adidas items using my Download History, as this seems like it would be a big risk and I may lose access to my old purchases by attempting this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

If you have already purchased the content, it should be available to you through the downlaod history. Beware of selecting anything along the lines of Purchase Content as you do not want to purchase anything.

But it is possible that just an error has occurred with your gamertag and/or profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is not an error with my individual profile. It's been officially and unofficially reported that the Adidas stores at some point recently went down and came back up in an altered state. I am here to report that the newly restored Adidas stores are not functioning properly, as I described in my opening post.

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked the Adidas stores again today and the problems still haven't been fixed. Not only that, but a bigger problem is that I just noticed 80% of the old Adidas store items are still missing. They don't appear for purchase at all.

So basically the Adidas stores right now are messed up to crap. What is going on?

Sorry this didn't help.

Porcupine, at this point I would suggest calling support at 18004MYXBOX and talk with an agent. They will be able to see all of your prior purchases and will be able to establish whats going on, especially if it has been officially and unofficially reported. But since it's a marketplace error, they will be the only ones to assist your further. My apologies

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  I'll be happy to look into this.  I'm guessing that those items are not longer available- sometimes items on the Marketplace will change up.  Are you unable to access them from your download history?  Which items specifically?

Sorry this didn't help.

These problems affect many items, the whole store is in disarray compared to what it used to be. But for a few specific examples, these items my avatar is currently wearing were among the majority of items which were delisted and never came back:

marketplace.xbox.com/.../00000008-51fb-0282-c8cf-4a834b4e083e

marketplace.xbox.com/.../00000010-5f40-d2e2-ceab-5fcf4b4e083e

marketplace.xbox.com/.../00000880-8bfb-6232-c2c1-5f2e4b4e083d

Here are example items which were delisted and did come back, but it now counts as different item, so I could in theory buy them again and waste my money:

marketplace.xbox.com/.../00001000-c746-f2e3-c186-70b24b4e083e

marketplace.xbox.com/.../00000238-7938-8202-c403-99654b4e083e

I am not absolutely sure, but I believe I can still download the items from my Download History. They still show up, at least, and I can add them to my queue. However, I have not tried to actually re-download them to my Xbox again, for testing purposes.

Here is some more information about the Adidas stores over the last month which people were discussing on another forum:

xboxavatargear.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php

Finally, after more checking, I don't think these errors were done on purpose or due to licenses expiring, or anything like that. In my opinion they are plain mistakes. For example, certain items which came back up are the blue adidas gloves, but the pink adidas gloves never came back. There is no logic to that so I assume all this wackiness is due to some big mistake.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no mistake here, the items that did not return have been removed at the will of adidas which they hold the right to pull anything off the shelf they choose. these items are simply as Miss Ermine put it no longer available.

As for the items you have already purchased stating purchase for how ever many MS points, you will as you say in theory not be able to re purchase these gain, I have had this issue with a select few titles of movies and after prompting the purchase again button was informed by a message on the console that I had already purchased the items in question and could access else where.

Also even if it did allow you to purchase the content over it would be your sole responsibility to not do this as it ask for confirmation of a purchase enough times for a user to not be able to mistakenly make a purchase.

besides that I do not understand what you need help with. it just seems you are trying to correct a mistake that is not there, they took some items down maybe added a few more and you are seeing a glitch in the system allowing you too see these items for sale again even though you purchased them already. but do not sweat it cause it will be fixed soon.

Also please try a network test in your network settings page this will refresh your xbox to the servers and may allow the items in question to then properly display that you have purchased them.

goodluck -Listed

Sorry this didn't help.

So, did Xbox Official Support ever look into this matter?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Porcupine SC4,

It really does sound like everything is working as intended here. You should be able to redownload any past purchases from the download history. As far as the items being marked as new, this happens from time to time when a item is pulled from the marketplace whether a new description was added or a slight tweek to the item or something along those lines. Sorry if this causes confusion on what you already have in your collection but it does seem to be acting as intended. Hope this clears things up. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.