That's It, I've Had Enough, All This Hype Is Making Me Hungry.

I really enjoyed the Fallout games from Bethesda but all this hype from their new game already got me.

I'm buying Skyrim.

I'll probably leave Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on my list of next to buy now.

But my questions are:

Is Oblivion GOTY worth a try?

How is it compared with the new one?

Does it follow the story from the previous Elder Scrolls games?

How are some people here already playing the game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

I really enjoyed the Fallout games from Bethesda but all this hype from their new game already got me.

I'm buying Skyrim.

I'll probably leave Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on my list of next to buy now.

But my questions are:

[/quote]There was already a thread for this, you don't need to make a new thread when it fits in with a current one.

Welcome... To Skyrim Week

It's Cool that you're buying Skyrim, but does it really deserve it's own thread?

Anyways, some people are playing it early because:

1) Ordered online and it came early.

2) Where they live it's already 11/11/11

3) Stores broke the release date.

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

I'm buying Skyrim.

But my questions are:

[/quote]There was already a thread for this, you don't need to make a new thread when it fits in with a current one.

Welcome... To Skyrim Week

It's Cool that you're buying Skyrim, but does it really deserve it's own thread?

Anyways, some people are playing it early because:

1) Ordered online and it came early.

2) Where they live it's already 11/11/11

3) Stores broke the release date.

[/quote]

Most of the people i've seen playing it already are Reviewers as well that actually got the game a few weeks ago. Legally lol.

Yes, if you liked Fallout, you should probably give Oblivion a try.  As far as I know, the story does not continue into Skyrim.

I don't think you really need to play Oblivion to understand Skyrim.  Oblivion is definitely worth a try, though.

I only played Oblivion this year and it's def worth it! I prob won't be getting Skyrim on release because Halo and AC revelations is what I'll be playing first.

I will definitely get it - But with my backlog of games, most likely will be sometime in 2012 ...