Thanksgibbing

Thanksgibbing was a blast for me but there something I noticed that was troubling.   As those of you that played it know, it was King of the Hill.   The troubling part was I noticed a lot of humans not going for the ring.    Instead, I saw a lot of people hiding behind cover, on the other side of the map, with no intention of going for the objective.  In fact, I saw several running the opposite direction of the objective.    I also noticed the teams with mostly bots usually won by a large margin.   The teams with bots actually went for the objective and held it.

Not going for the objective is one of my huge frustrations with COD but I can almost justify it in my head because you can earn killstreaks.   There are no killstreaks in Gears.   Why the selfishness?    You actually get rewarded pretty well for caps.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

u actually get more for taking the ring dont u, i find that annoying as well as im very much a team player but like u say its happens alot more ikn cod than gears

Did anyone else have a team of all one character. i joined late so I spawned as Marcus and the rest of the team were Marcus bots. I though it was funny since the Locusts were all different. And yeah my bot team won.

People were not capping because they were all having fun with the cluckshot. i wish it was on a map or two.

[quote user="TAP H2O"]

Thanksgibbing was a blast for me but there something I noticed that was troubling.   As those of you that played it know, it was King of the Hill.   The troubling part was I noticed a lot of humans not going for the ring.    Instead, I saw a lot of people hiding behind cover, on the other side of the map, with no intention of going for the objective.  In fact, I saw several running the opposite direction of the objective.    I also noticed the teams with mostly bots usually won by a large margin.   The teams with bots actually went for the objective and held it.

Not going for the objective is one of my huge frustrations with COD but I can almost justify it in my head because you can earn killstreaks.   There are no killstreaks in Gears.   Why the selfishness?    You actually get rewarded pretty well for caps.

[/quote]99% of the people playing it werent playing King of the Hill.  In fact they probably werent even really playing.  They were only there to get the War Supporter Ribbon.  If Epic wanted the events to mean something, they wouldnt have tied them to an achievement and that would have weeded out the majority of the players who dont care in any given game.

People were probably boosting there explosion kills. OR they wanted to get theirk/d higher. I played 2 matches and said IM DONE! They should have put it to cycle between Execution, TDM, and KotH. That's just my 2 cents.

Part of the problem is communication. The first thing I do when entering a game is to see if anyone got mics. 9 time out of 10 no one on the team has a mic (or are in private parties) except 1 guy; and he is normally complaining on how bad our team is.

Hate to admit it, but when this happens a lot of times I take my headset off. Which means when the next poor sap comes in he also only hears that one guy. After awhile no one is talking, no teamwork and you get the lone wolfs. No one like walking into a room and getting jumped buy twobads guys that no one on the team bothered to let you know are there

Damn turkeys were overpowered

This game type was really fun...... for about 1-2 games.  I would have preferred Deathmatch over KOTH though.

It was funny watching a team capturing a ring together, and then BAM! with my cluckshot...wipe out the whole entire team with one shot...collected alot of triples and quad ribbons...goodtimes!

The cluckshot was a bit laggy.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="nrm21122"]

Part of the problem is communication. The first thing I do when entering a game is to see if anyone got mics. 9 time out of 10 no one on the team has a mic (or are in private parties) except 1 guy; and he is normally complaining on how bad our team is.

Hate to admit it, but when this happens a lot of times I take my headset off. Which means when the next poor sap comes in he also only hears that one guy. After awhile no one is talking, no teamwork and you get the lone wolfs. No one like walking into a room and getting jumped buy twobads guys that no one on the team bothered to let you know are there

[/quote]

Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of lone wolfing lately or "hiders".   For example, last night everytime I played TDM on Gridlock, the team that got massacred ALWAYS had a couple guys hiding in the buildings on the side of the street with the digger and boomer.   Meanwhile, the rest of the of the team is fighting 3 v 5.  Those 2 hiders will occassionally pop up to shoot someone that is already downed.  Inevitably, it came down to them being the last 2 alive and they both get a sawed-off to the face.    Unfortunately, I was on both sides of that outcome.

As to communication, I rarely hear anyone say "there are 2 behind you", "there's one at the doorway", etc.   I like this a lot more than COD because it is more team-based but it sure will be nice when people realize you can't play this like COD.