thanks

My children play black ops and yesterday i thought i would give it a go , having never played the game before i was obviously not very good  what i did not expect was the amount of abuse and ridicule i received over x box live as i was so poor, thanks for this and not to worry will not be online on this game again, i do hope this is not the norm but somehow i doubt it

thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Welcome to Xboxlive. Sorry to hear it. Too many people on live think they're better than they actually are and like to hide behind their mics. There are settings at the dashboard you can use that can eliminate all the verbal and messege sending idiots out there and will enhance your xboxlive experience greatly..... if you decide to give it another go. You know you want to....

[quote user="Spud 72"]

Welcome to Xboxlive. Sorry to hear it. Too many people on live think they're better than they actually are and like to hide behind their mics. There are settings at the dashboard you can use that can eliminate all the verbal and messege sending idiots out there and will enhance your xboxlive experience greatly..... if you decide to give it another go. You know you want to....

[/quote]

Unfortunately, that is the norm. Like other people said, there are things you can do to get rid of the messages and mute people but you can really never get away from it. It sucks but don't let that stop you from playing a good game.

Off topic but I've always wondered what it would be like if I came home and I found my dad playing BO. Personally, I think that would be cool as hell.

to avoid people like these, simply use the mute button on their profile, file complaints against them and block communications but DONT send them a message after blocking them.

Be glad you werent any good..........

If you think you got it bad for playing like crap .... wait and see how it is when you start winning........

Really .... dont let them drive you away ...... use the privacy features or just mute people. ........ or best yet .... Grow a thicker skin. Your kids probably hear the same things. Set a good example for them. Running away because someone was mean to you isnt a good example.

[quote user="Edward dEath"]

My children play black ops and yesterday i thought i would give it a go , having never played the game before i was obviously not very good  what i did not expect was the amount of abuse and ridicule i received over x box live as i was so poor, thanks for this and not to worry will not be online on this game again, i do hope this is not the norm but somehow i doubt it

thanks

[/quote]

Sorry to hear that, OP.  Unfortunately, abuse and ridicule are things that fuel multi-player online.  These kids rank up to 15th prestige and dominate noobs for fun.  That's how they get their kicks.  For most of the kids on there, it's not abuse, but rather harsh sportsmanship (like egging on a rival).  But for some of the more sensitive players, the environment is unfriendly at best.  That's why "online play is not rated". 

Would you like a tissue?

I am hoping you did not expect to be great or even good online right away!?!

You were playing with folks who have likely played / practiced since this game came out.

Get back in there!  Happy Gaming! - NH42

[quote user="Edward dEath"]

thanks

[/quote]This may be of interest to you.

2 threads?