Thanks, NetherRealm....

...Thanks for killing what little dwindling interest I had left in this game by having incompetent code-monkeys who can't even upload updates and new characters who aren't utterly gamebreaking. I got all the new DLC save for the Season Pass. First time I tried to use Skarlet in Training Mode? Game froze up completely. Second time it let me use her fine, but then after I backed out and tried to go into Training Mode with another character ... suddenly all my alternate costumes were gone. I went to the Nekropolis, yet it still showed all the alternate costumes and such. Went to the Krypt, it still showed I had everything unlocked. Went back to Training Mode AGAIN ... sure enough, doesn't even give me the option to select alt costumes for ANYONE.

So...short of deleting the entire game from my HD and restarting, I don't see how I'm supposed to fix this. **** this, and **** you NetherRealm for making us wait an eternity for DLC that's not only subpar but also totally bones any and all progress you've made up to this point. I'm goin' back to SSF4. >_>

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dude you need to like calm down. Things happen. Be thankful you haven't lost your data. Give it some time they will fix it.

Like Mewtwo said, calm down. If you go through and read the forums, you'll see that people are having problems and that NRS knows and is working on it. We know about the alternate outfit mix up going on and the desynchs. Just wait it out.

Yeah they even delayed Skarlet's release in EU until they get the compatibility pack fixed. Hopefully they wont take as long as they did with the netcode patch. ;)

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

Like Mewtwo said, calm down. If you go through and read the forums, you'll see that people are having problems and that NRS knows and is working on it. We know about the alternate outfit mix up going on and the desynchs. Just wait it out.

[/quote]

**** "calming down." I'm utterly sick and tired of these incompetent programmers who make us wait forever for crap, and when it finally DOES come out it's STILL FUBAR garbage. Do they not TEST this crap at all before they give it the green light? Obviously not, because from what I've read this is a pretty widespread problem. There's no excuse for it. First NetherRealm can't even make the online code remotely adequate on release, and they make us wait like 2 months for a "patch" that ultimately seemed to break more than it fixed.

You can "calm down" all you want because you boosted for your "My Kung Fu is Stronger" achievement. I was trying to get it legitimately through normal play (I know, I'm insane). So ... now my choices are either not play with any alt costumes at all until NetherRealm cleans up their mess (yeah, let's wait another 2-3 months for another gamebreaking patch, woo!), or I delete everything and start anew, which means the +100 hours of time I had put into mastering characters is null and void. And I'll tell you right now, I'm NOT starting over again with that.

I'm one of the most patient people on the planet. I'll gladly wait an extra 6 months to a year for a game if it ends up better and more polished product in the long run, but when a dev makes us wait and wait and wait for crap that makes the product WORSE, I think I have all the right in the world to rage about it.  If this is any indication of how NetherRealm is planning on handling themselves as a "professional business" then I'm done supporting these ****-ups. They strike me as a bunch of burn-outs with their heads stuck up their butts in 1991.

I understand the frustration actually, it's pretty bad. I don't play much online and I also only bought Skarlet solo, not the pack so I think I avoided a lot of issues but it's messed up for the rest. Hopefully a fix is sooner than we think. Not being able to use stuff you've purchased is retarded.

yea ive quit competing online as well, unless its my brothers online. Shame really. A Fighting Game without online.

got to agree with OP here, I have it for PS3 and since the DLC release they have totally destroyed any progress they have made and made the game worse........... its pathetic..... who wrote the netcode for this game..... a 5yr old?

[quote user="Valorik"]You can "calm down" all you want because you boosted for your "My Kung Fu is Stronger" achievement.[/quote]

What does this have to do with anything you're complaining about? That literally makes no sense. Again, calm down and relax. Stop getting upset over nothing. You can still play the game. Nobody's stopping you. So you can't use your alternate outfits. You can still play, at least. Unless you think the game freezing once and having your alts disappear for a bit means you can't play it. I have no idea what your problem is. You make it sound like you froze once and you can't see your alts once or twice. Are you okay, honey?

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

[quote user="Valorik"]You can "calm down" all you want because you boosted for your "My Kung Fu is Stronger" achievement.[/quote]

What does this have to do with anything you're complaining about? That literally makes no sense. Again, calm down and relax. Stop getting upset over nothing. You can still play the game. Nobody's stopping you. So you can't use your alternate outfits. You can still play, at least. Unless you think the game freezing once and having your alts disappear for a bit means you can't play it. I have no idea what your problem is. You make it sound like you froze once and you can't see your alts once or twice. Are you okay, honey?

[/quote]

I refuse to believe you're really that daft.

You got your My Kung Fu is Stronger achievement basically by boosting well before this "fix" came out. So you had nothing to lose really if this had happened to you and you had to delete everything and start over. So it's extremely easy for YOU to sit there and say "durrhurr calm down dude." As I said, I already put +100 hours towards getting that achievement, and now I either have to throw all that work away and start from scratch or sit on my @@@ and wait for them to conjure up another "fix."

And stop acting like not being able to use the alternate outfits at ALL isn't a big deal. I paid over 1400 MPs for all the alternate outfits in SSFIV, so you better believe I'd be furious if something happened that prevented me from using them. I paid for the classic outfits in this and now I can't use them or any others. On some characters I used their alt outfits almost exclusively. So yes, it IS a big deal. The "LOL hay at least you can still play the game!" mentality is the weakest defense for a ***-up developer I've ever heard.

It's not that big of a deal, though. Sorry, but it really isn't. You're letting this get to you way more than you're thinking. They'll fix it, just be patient and chill. Calm down, take a deep breath, and either don't play the game because you have to have your outfits or do play it. Honestly, you're making mountains out of mole hills now. Calling others daft isn't a great way with how you're sounding, either. Chill. It's just a game.

You aren't even explain why you suddenly have to delete your save for some random reason. What's going on there? Is it not loading at all? Is it corrupt? Did you just lose all your data? You only scream about not being able to use alts or having to randomly start over from scratch. Mind spilling more details? Honestly, this is real childish to get this upset at it. Yes, it is a bit irritating, but they'll fix it. Why let it get to you so bad? Summer not going well? You haven't really made any valid or knowledgeable points. Unless you meant to convey that you're upset you can't use an alternate outfit so that means you can't play and have to start over. That's what I gathered.

Maybe if you calmed down, realize it's not the end of the world, and explain yourself a bit better then I might understand and not think you're acting completely immature about it. Just calm down. It's only a game.