Thank you Epic for...

your companys greed.1st DLC on disk? Epics being real shaddy on this.Rod excuse for having the skins on the disk was so that "everyone could see them".Well whats the excuse for having finished maps on the disk that are locked? Well since greed is your game I have canceled my EE and Gears console and now just getting a standard edition.OK ROD! what the excuse now for having more content locked stuff on the disk?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Epic isn't what it used to be.

I still remember only having to pay for one map pack for gears 3 and it was less then $10

I almost never buy dlc for games. Last dlc I got was the first dlc for Fallout New Vegas, I forget what it was called. I won't be buying any dlc for this game I know that.

To get all flaming skins for beta=$60

Season Pass liquid metal=$35

Crimson omen lancer 1 year x-box membership=$60

Adam Phoenix and infected omen epic edition = $150

Mechanic Barid+Commando Dom+ Savage grenadier and Savage Kantus=$60x4

Weapon skins=$45

Aron Griffin= Iike on Facebook

Being a sellout priceless

Eh its just business.  Is it right?  No.

I love gears of war but not enough to fork over hundreds of dollars for a brand new console and "Epic" edition of the game.

As long as the game itself is great and I get my monies worth I'm fine, and so far every review I see says it is.

Thank you BloodiestToad for spamming another thread when all of your sentiments could have gone in specific threads, all of which are on the front two pages.

You guys act like the skins change your experience, as opposed to customize your experience. Is Gears 3 any less enjoyable if you don't have all of the skins? Nope. If your completionist mentality cannot allow you to play the game with the myriad of free skins and ignore the others, then only you are to blame; not Epic.

I can't believe that you actually complain about a pre-order bonus simply because there are multiple. Would it be better if there were none?

[quote user="monosocratic"]

Thank you BloodiestToad for spamming another thread when all of your sentiments could have gone in specific threads, all of which are on the front two pages.

You guys act like the skins change your experience, as opposed to customize your experience. Is Gears 3 any less enjoyable if you don't have all of the skins? Nope. If your completionist mentality cannot allow you to play the game with the myriad of free skins and ignore the others, then only you are to blame; not Epic.

I can't believe that you actually complain about a pre-order bonus simply because there are multiple. Would it be better if there were none?

[/quote]yes, and yes.

[quote user="BxA Grim"]

Epic isn't what it used to be.

I still remember only having to pay for one map pack for gears 3 and it was less then $10

[/quote]I remeber the days on Gears of War where cable network channels like the Discovery channel would promote the show Future Weapons and cuz of that they made a map pack for FREE!!! What happend to those days? Same thing with other games Halo 2 had all of the maps after 2 months made for free and with Halo 3 it's alomst a 4 year old game and none of the maps are free?! WTF is going on to these companies can't you see that this damn economy is screwed as it is?! Give your fans at least some credit and give stuff for free!!! Sheesh! >:O

You couldn't possibly be pinning this whole thing on Epic right.

Epic has shown dedictation to their ever loyal fans. I myself am a Gear Head but I do realise someone is robbing us blind and I have reason to believe that is another company mainly responsible. MS. The season pass is worth it. It is those ridiculous skins that aint worth a single dollar in my opinion. I wouldn't mind buying them in bulk for 1200 but 3600 which is 45 bucks is insane. And the ratio of unlockable skins is horrible

If they truly have nothing to do with it than maybe Epic really has fallen from what they use to be.

@op. I find it funny that you are so mad at epic you cancled the ee but still getting the regular. You are still giving them your money and that what matters to them. I for one love the series. I am getting the console. And will buy the season pass. Because i will want the maps. So what if there are maps already on the disc. I am glad they r planning ahead. Shorter download. No game comes with more than 8 or 10 maps on release. Get over yourself. Nothing in life is free. If they made crap nobody would buy it. In which case they would be out of business. Obviously they are not.

@OP I'm sorry but you need to start doing your homework because there are countless games that have DLC already on the   disc and it's locked. Who said you have to buy the weapon skins...guess what....NO ONE.