TGS Dark Souls 2

First off new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-o2KMm-5tQ

Secondly, ENB got an invite to an invite only demo playing of what is probably going to be the beta (ie server stress test) and here's his reaction to what he played: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGvXh_pEWs

Few points to note:

Human/hollow is now a gradual thing not a on/off thing.

Being hollow no longer protects you from invasions.

Friendly summons are now time limited and the more enemies the summon kills the less time they will have available.

Weapon buffs from spells (sunlight blade would be an example from DkS) now seem, not confirmed, to scale with a certain stat.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, seems as though my reply just disappeared...

-

I don't like the changes they are doing to online aspects of the game. First of all, I never enjoyed PvP so not being able to keep yourself protected from it by staying hollow is bad for me. If they wanted to "fix" the system, then why not make it like it was in DaS where you just lost a huge portion of your max HP? There'd better be some strict limitations to who you can invade or else the early game players will be constantly invaded by players with late game/NG+ equipment. That's just game breaking in my books. I don't care if you're given help if you get invaded. PvP is still not something I want but I'd love to play the game online... As much as I loved DeS and DaS, I might just skip this game altogether.

iirc you can only invade people in the same NG state that you are in even in Demon Souls. Also from what ENB said about the progressive hollowing it sounds like each time you die you lose some portion of max hp down to a min value (probably half). Also things like [cracked] red eye orbs don't let you invade people lower than you are and the only way to invade people lower than you is forest and darkmoon so there will probably be a similar thing in DkS2.

Also what reason is there to play online if you don't do anything with any from of summoning?

Fire/Lighting buffs scale with faith.

When you die, you lose a portion of your max hp, until you only have half left.

Pyromancy now scales with Int

How fast you cast spells is dictated by attunement, not dexterity.

Amount of armour does not affect roll speed

[quote user="vader da slayer"]

iirc you can only invade people in the same NG state that you are in even in Demon Souls.[/quote]

Or you can be completely protected from invasions by always killing yourself after destroying the demon in the "chapter". That's how I prefer things. Just like I don't run around in a human form in Dark Souls.

[quote user="vader da slayer"] Also from what ENB said about the progressive hollowing it sounds like each time you die you lose some portion of max hp down to a min value (probably half).[/quote]

Yeah, you lose max HP while you keep on getting invaded. No thanks. The way it is in Demon's Souls is the way I prefer it to be. I admit, the system in Dark Souls was flawed for what punishment was there for playing the game through while always being hollow? In Demon's Souls if you decided to kill yourself to protect yourself from the invasions, you were stuck with an HP penalty. In Dark Souls 2 you're stuck with an HP penalty AND you keep getting invaded. No thanks.

[quote user="vader da slayer"]Also things like [cracked] red eye orbs don't let you invade people lower than you are and the only way to invade people lower than you is forest and darkmoon so there will probably be a similar thing in DkS2.[/quote]

But it's not just levels that matter and you and I both know that. If someone does a low level playthrough to get the best items in the game, the game allows this player to invade other low leveled players who still have just their starting equipment in Undead Burg. Where is the balance in that? So, unless Dark Souls 2 has those strict limitations to who you can invade - limitations such as level, completion %, the level of your gear - the system is broken. We all know there will be those players who get the best equipment while keeping their soul level low just so they can grief beginners. That right there is, IMHO, game breaking.

[quote user="vader da slayer"]Also what reason is there to play online if you don't do anything with any from of summoning?

[/quote]

Who said I don't summon help or offer my help to others? Let's just say that I never had anywhere near the faith requirement for joining Sunbros...

[quote user="Sipuli91"]

Let's just say that I never had anywhere near the faith requirement for joining Sunbros...

[/quote]

For every sunlight medal you have, the faith requirement for Sunbros is lowered by 5, so you don't actually need to have faith to join them.

[quote user="R3d P01nt"]

[quote user="Sipuli91"]

Let's just say that I never had anywhere near the faith requirement for joining Sunbros...

[/quote]

For every sunlight medal you have, the faith requirement for Sunbros is lowered by 5, so you don't actually need to have faith to join them.

[/quote]You don't need those medals, you just gotta help others beat the bosses. And that's how I did it.

Just play offline a don't worry about invasions.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

Just play offline a don't worry about invasions.

[/quote]But what if I enjoy helping others? What if I enjoy reading messages and leaving them myself? What if I love to touch the bloodstains to see what happened and be prepared myself? Playing offline will remove all that as well and not just the PvP. I know what offline Dark Souls is and as much as I love Dark Souls, it does get boring. So no, I don't see playing offline as a solution.

"Multiplayer is okay as long as it works in my benefit."

Doesn't work that way, bud.

[quote user="El Negro JimBob"]

"Multiplayer is okay as long as it works in my benefit."

Doesn't work that way, bud.

[/quote]Oh, I see, you're one of those who do not want others to enjoy a game the way they'd like to for as long as it's not outright cheating. It's not like PvP was dead in Dark Souls and now forcing it on everyone just is something I don't like. Sure, Dark Souls 2 was never ment to please everyone and this time I guess I'm just left in the group that they do not want to have in the game.