texture pack corrupted? Easy to tell

A few guys on here seem worried as to wheteher or not their texture pack install has gone ok or not. If it quit out at about 10% then installed ok you can be 99% certain its corrupt (not always but most of the time)

Its easy to tell , play as US soldier and looka at the watch strap and gloves mainly the watch strap , if the strap is blurry then the texture pack isnt loading , if its well defined and you can see the holes in it your good to go.

You need to wait untill after the spawn contdown when the match actually starts , the textures dont load until then sometimes even 30 seconds after that , if your a few minutes into a match and the watch strap is still blurry the textures havent loaded and you can assume your install is bad

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im gonna have to check this out. Graphics seem OK to me though so far.

my first install the texture pack wasnt loading , the differance in textures is night and day so its pretty easy to tell if you have seen both but if you havent it can be difficult. Theres plenty of stuff that looks loads better but the watch strap is the easiest too look out for

[quote user="Archst3r"]

A few guys on here seem worried as to wheteher or not their texture pack install has gone ok or not. If it quit out at about 10% then installed ok you can be 99% certain its corrupt (not always but most of the time)

Its easy to tell , play as US soldier and looka at the watch strap and gloves mainly the watch strap , if the strap is blurry then the texture pack isnt loading , if its well defined and you can see the holes in it your good to go.

You need to wait untill after the spawn contdown when the match actually starts , the textures dont load until then sometimes even 30 seconds after that , if your a few minutes into a match and the watch strap is still blurry the textures havent loaded and you can assume your install is bad

[/quote]

My tex pack took 3 times to install so just to be safe I just deleted that and the game and did the tex pack install first before installing the game (did it opposite the first time)..It wasn't bad as it turns out as I saw the holes before and after...but you are right, it does take a few seconds to work even after the match starts...never noticed that...

and this time it installed without a hiccup...

Thanks

So EA owns us,  are we EA employees now?   I don't have time for their negligence, that is why I left PC gaming years ago. How much is game now? 60 $ and 60€. Is there still a message your tim won, although we lost, and vice versa.

Thanks to OP for this, I still don't have a game, next week I'll have it, but ...

I dont know about this texture pack download. As some have suggested, when I downloaded originally the dl stopped automatically part way through, then asked again for me to download. It was thought this meant the dl got corrupted. So I deleted and re downloaded a few times and the same thing happened. I also cleared my cache just to be sure. Im wondering if its fine as is since when I look at the icon in the harddrive memory, it shows as fine and not the "corrupted data" icon. Any thoughts?

Can you post up a picture of what it should look like, that way we can compare to what we have and see for ourselves whether it worked or not. My update crashed within the 10% i'd say but i did it again and the graphics look good. i use the watch as an example to compare to COD and it doesnt look as good as say MW2/Blops.

FFS the watch in the shotty kit in Blops actually has working hands!!

theres a few of these but this is the best , its easy to tell in the single player (if it works in your SP it'll be ok in MP too :) scroll too the end the bomb diffuse , there are actually bits missing if the texture pack isnt installed , you can see what i mean by the watch strap too.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBvrvqWZEmc&NR=1]

At first i couldnt really tell, like graffiti on the walls etc, but when it got to the tyres and interior walls, helluva difference. i think i'm cool though or else i'd be kicking off big time, SD is shocking!

Thanks.

I tried to remove and re-install the texture pack last night after finding the odd shoddy texture, thinking it was a pointless exercise as it already looked as good as the majority of shooters and was really happy when I saw an improvement, making this one of the better looking games of this generation and a great achievement on the 360.

Not really sure whats going on tho, the corrupt textures certainly didn't look last generation or as bad as what reviews were making out and I wouldn't have tried this if not reading posts on the forum, with the texture pack not working the first time but still showing ok on my hd had this kind of partly worked as it certainly never looked bad?

ok, last night i deleted and re-installed the HD pack 3 times, and each time it looked the same as before which i suspect was corrupted. In the CQ map with a market, alleyway, and an area by some walk-way bridges (forget the name of that spawnpoint) i spawned by the walk-way bridges end and turned to see some crates with writing on them. The writing was distinctly low-res in appearance. i waited to see if it was a refresh issue but nothing happend after some time, so i guess i'm relegated to accepting it as is for now.

i know you have stuck a vid of graphics comparisons but what would really help is a shot of something HD in a M/P map, i dont intend to play the SP campaign yet as i'm too addicted to the MP and the SP has been slated in reviews anyway. Is this something you can do? At least this will give me a positive answer as sometime i think the texturs of the landscape looks great.