Terrible save system

This game has the worst save system i have ever seen. The auto saving just sucks. I stopped at a safe spot yesturday. Today i jump on again to see that i got pushed back to a point where i tremendous difficulty doing it the first time. To make matters worse, i have no health packs. The save system is seriously making me consider selling the game. The save system is freaking horrible. I want the old save system back.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's definitely not the best but I made sure I got use to it. As long as you do NOT save & quit in the middle of a mission you should be fine. I always make sure I see "progress saving" in the top right corner and then save & quit right after, that way when I come back to the game I'm at the exact place. Sorry about your luck though, hopefully this will help you understand more.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]

It's definitely not the best but I made sure I got use to it. As long as you do NOT save & quit in the middle of a mission you should be fine. I always make sure I see "progress saving" in the top right corner and then save & quit right after, that way when I come back to the game I'm at the exact place. Sorry about your luck though, hopefully this will help you understand more.

[/quote]

The save system pissed me off because it brought me back to the point in the game where i had to wait for a tram while necromophs and the regenerating nechromoprhs were attacking me. This time i had no health packs since apparently the save and quit option only saves your inventory and not the location of where you are in the game. So I kept on dying and dying. My original post was made in anger, but I still think it is a terrible save system. Normally i like autosaves. I would rather have the dead space 1 and 2 save system back though. Anyways, i will try next time to not quit in mid mission.

I understand completely. They should have be a bit more clear on the auto save system. At least you know now that you should only save & quit right after you see the "progress saving" sign in the top right corner.

That's what I've been doing with no progress lost. I do prefer the old save point system but what can we do? This morning I was almost late to work cause I kept playing til I finally saw a save signal on top right corner........lol w t f I did not want to risk losing almost an hours worth of playing...

I think it's funny how a lot of the auto save points are right before the danger lol. So when I get back to the game it puts me straight in the face of terror.

I thought the save points were ok, what got me were some of the temporary checkpoints.  They always seemed to occur when I had no health walking into a room full of baddies.

I hate this save system too.  I have experimented a little with the two options for coming back later, something like -- (1) continue from your last save and (2) continue from your uninterrupted story.  So far, I can't tell if there's any difference, they BOTH back me up too far.  Also, we have lots of save slots available, but HOW do you use them?  So far, ALL of my "save & quits" and ALL of my autosaves are going into slot #1.  Where is the option to use the other slots?

The other save slots are for other games you may start. Like you can have slot 1 for your SP playthrough and Slot 2 for a co-op game your working on. Again, just remember once you see "progress saving" your best bet is to save & quit right there if you need a break because anything you do after that will NOT be saved until you reach the next auto save point.

Why did they change the save process? Did people hate the old save system? I saw the save system just as a part of dead space.

I ran into this exact same thing except I got pushed from the end of an optional mission back to the start of it.

I can honestly Say I lost all interest in playing this game today. I'll most likely pick it up again tomorrow when I've cooled off but loosing all that progress on Insanity Difficulty steams me.