temporarily unavailable content = Prometheus

Have you ever purchased content on Xbox services only to find that it has disappeared?  for example planet of the apes, I purchased that movie and then it was gone. I kept getting that temporarily unavailable message. After a couple times calling customer support they still couldn't explain why. it turns out that its the content owner changing or restricting the digital rights. Now that movie eventually came back and has been available for quite some time. Great.  Happened again, this time with Prometheus. Now its really frustrating. How is it that Microsoft can take my money for content that they cant guarantee will be available for me?? I give them money and I get what in return... no offer of refund....a run around with customer service.  I'm sure somewhere in the endless pages of legal mumbo jumbo Microsoft protected them selves from this happening, where are we left, the consumer? I really like my Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox one, really close to purchasing a surface 2. But now I'm so displeased and feel betrayed from a company that I thought was great I don't think I will be purchasing any hardware software of any form of content.  I've searched and found that a lot of other people have had this same issue with content disappearing. how is this something they let happen? all I want to do is watch a movie I thought I bought.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Microsoft is not the content owner, and this is not specific to Microsoft products as it happens with all digital marketplaces.  Prometheus is in a blackout window where the content owner has not allowed us to make the movie available to customers while it is in this window.  As you've seen with Planet of the Apes, when it comes back into window you'll have access to it again.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.