Tell me an interesting place to investigate.

Title! Tell me some interesting places to investigate. And please, don't throw me into a fight with a legendary dragon yet. The highest character I've got is a level 20. No spoilers please.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Blackreach. You'll either love or hate it. Me I hate it, most seem to love it. Is interesting and you'll investigate it for hours without knowing wtf you are half the time (hard to get a reference, hence I hate it).

Just keep following the main quest and you'll run into it way before the end.

But remember, you'll either love it or hate it, if you hate it don't say you weren't warned. But you got to do it someday anyway. I'm up for it agaaaaaaain in a few hours with a new character and I can't wait... not.

Good news, I believe you have to be a level 70 to trigger a legendary dragon.

-

I don't really know how to recommend places w/o spoilers because places tend to be tied to quests. Black Reach is pretty interesting, it's an area tied into the main & college questlines. The Soul Carin is interesting, it's tied into the main quest of the Dawnguard DLC. The Lost Legacy side quest in Dragonborn is pretty interesting. Frostmere Crypt is pretty cool. Pelagius Wing in the Blue Palace in Solitude is Interesting. And of course, the hidden chests full of leveled loot in Dawnstar & Markoth are nice...

I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head but all you have to do man is pick a direction and go explore I'm positive you will find something interesting on the way no matter which way you choose to go that's the main reason I think this game is so great I have more than 350  hours in skyrim and I still manage to find new things lol

Black reach is cool. It WILL get annoying, as it is hard to navigate. But the environment is awesome looking.

Also, do the Daedric Quests, a lot of them have some COOL places to go, like the Blood Grotto for Hircine, and Potamas sanctuary for one of the others.

I like the little nooks and cranys not on the Map or typically not part of a Quest. There's tons of them here and there but some are hard to find. It's kinda a shame because most have no listing and just need to be found.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsiUAbYGHg]

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

Black reach is cool. It WILL get annoying, as it is hard to navigate. But the environment is awesome looking.

[/quote]

There's no doubt Blackreach is cool, annoying, hard to navigate and awesome looking. You can get over the bad for the good first time you visit there, maybe even the second....

... but when you're on your gazillionth character, Blackreach just fills me with dread. I hate not knowing where I am in video-games, and I especially haaaaaaaaaaate not being able to see in video-games (and yes I know you can use Candlelight but that don't help much).

Thankfully, and I wonder if it's by design, you can run straight through Blackreach to the goal without so much as stopping for a breath if you just follow the yellow-brick road to the arrow and that's what I did last night on character # gazillion. They can keep the crimson nirnroots and soul gems and quite average loot - I HATE THE PLACE!

However, first time visitors MUST spend some time there to make up their own minds. One thing I'll never accuse it of is boring, just not my kind of game environment.

So if the OP hasn't ever been there, I think you've seen enough post and replies on it now to know the interesting place you should head to and decide wether you love or hate it for yourself.

^

I agree about Blackreach... never really found it that appealing. I do the mining and the Nirnroot each character, may as well, but I've never really enjoyed the place.

The Soul Cairn I knew immediately was going to be a pain to navigate...

At least you can see in the Soul Cairn.

I can see fine in both places.

The Frost Flow Lighthouse.

It is located west of Winterhold in the north of Skyrim.

You don't want spoilers so I can't really explain the reward for visiting it, but if you have a mage type character it is definetly worth it.