Television turns off

My TV turns off radomly while playing COD black ops and black ops 2. At first I thought everything turned off but later found it to be just the TV. I'm using a wireless controller so maybe the frequency is close or overlaps the TV controls. It is a Samsung widescreen TV. Is there anyone else with this complaint and is there a fix?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,019 Applies to:

It cannot be due to the controller, regular tv are controlled through infrared lighting, xbox controllers work differently. i might not be dude to an xbox/ controller problem, try using your tv regularly, see if it turns off like when you play xbox. if not then it could be due to wiring problem check if the wires are plugged in right, or maybe a friend with the tv remote is playing a prank on you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's also worth checking your TV settings, I recently purchased a Samsung ES8000 TV and for about a week my wife would call me at work saying the TV kept turning itself off, turned out there is a setting on the TV that turns it off when no interaction is received from the user after a set period of time such as changing channel/input source etc.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

My tv knows if some has fallen asleep because no one is moving around and it will turn off. Most tvs have a sleep timer too. Sometimes that's a button, so if you hit it by mistake you might be telling your tv off

Sorry this didn't help.

Try setting both the Xbox and TV display settings to automatic detection as a trial. Sometimes if resolution/display settings are not correct the TV will turn off.

Are you using HDMI?

Sorry this didn't help.