Team Classic--- Bringing back some nostalgia.

Spent a good few minutes playing some Team Classic matches, and it led me to wonder, did anybody else here play much multiplayer on Halo: CE for the PC?  CTF's on Blood Gulch and Sidewinder, and even some Beaver Creek rocket/shotgun madness, for starters, plus the fine art of mastering the lead on the pistol/SR, indestructible vehicles, OP weapons......those were the days, eh? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I never knew that the first Halo was playable online. Was it the Xbox version that was allowed online?

I did, however, play Halo 2 like crazy. I played Halo 3 too but people kept picking the same maps repeatedly that I got bored.

I really like Halo: Reach because there are so many game modes and it doesn't matter if I play on the same map. There is always something new to do.

The first Halo is only playable online via PC. There's still a small, dedicated group who plays it, maybe 100-200 people at times. It's pretty fun, loads and loads of maps, mods, and gametypes. About the only big issue is the occasional aimbotter, and lag once in a while, but other than that, it's not too bad. It's just Halo for Halo's sake, no ranks, ratings, nothing to worry about, just fighting it out for fun.

I love playing the classic slayer playlist. It reminds me of the countless hours my friends and I used to spend playing Halo 2. I did play Halo CE as well but it was the xbox version so it usually consisted of myself and three friends huddled around a tv screaming that we were not in fact looking at eachothers screen lol.

[quote]The first Halo is only playable online via PC. There's still a small, dedicated group who plays it, maybe 100-200 people at times. It's pretty fun, loads and loads of maps, mods, and gametypes. About the only big issue is the occasional aimbotter, and lag once in a while, but other than that, it's not too bad. It's just Halo for Halo's sake, no ranks, ratings, nothing to worry about, just fighting it out for fun.[/quote]

Now THAT is what I call gameplay! Just like the good old DOOM, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Blood, and Redneck Rampage days. :)