Target Assist

This actually started out in another thread but I wanted to create one a bit more specific.

I decided to have a try at playing with target assist disabled. I assumed I would do badly, but was kind of surprised at the results.

First off I need to point out this was in hc mode.

I have a bit of an issue with mobility in my hands. I can normally snap on to a target quickly, but if I miss the first shot ( or need to keep firing in core mode) I have difficulty making the fine adjustments to get/stay on target. Basically, if I miss with the first shot, I'm dead.

What I found, was that with assist disabled, I was less likely to hit with the first shot. But if that first shot missed, I was  considerably more likely to fine tune my aim and complete the kill. It just seems there is more freedom of movement with it disabled.

I havent played a whole lot with it disabled yet, and havent even tried core mode at all ............. but I think I like it.

I'm wondering what others' opinions on it are ..........

Who all has tried with it disabled? And what kind of results have you had?

What I'm thinking, is that I may be slightly better off in hc mode with it enabled, but it may be better in core with it disabled.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've not had a go at having a few matches with the assist turned off.

The assist can help when the enemy is coming around the corner - like a heads up movement of the weapon.

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

I've not had a go at having a few matches with the assist turned off.

The assist can help when the enemy is coming around the corner - like a heads up movement of the weapon.

[/quote]

Yes, that was the first thing I thought about when I turned it off. I use it a lot when sniping to scan a building.

Anyhow ............. I turned it back on.  I was indeed surprised at the difference. I assumed it would be all bad, but it was bad at times and good at times ......... but definitely different. It might be ok with some getting used to, but I think I think the heads up thing though is most useful.

One thing too ......... while sometimes with it on, I cant fine tune my aim once I start firing, with it off, I had a tendancy to oversteer my aim, so it kind of balanced itself out.

this may sound odd but..what the hell is target assist and what does it do exactly?

[quote user="UnOman757"]

this may sound odd but..what the hell is target assist and what does it do exactly?

[/quote]He means aim-assist.  Do you ever notice that your reticule pulls towards an enemy when they walk past or you walk past them.  Thats aim-assist.  Also when you aim down sights and it whips right on the enemy, thats aim-assist.  Its in most console shooters to some degree if not all.  

nope never really noticed i guess just always thought i was just that quick.

how do i turn it off to see the difference?

Im not really sure how to turn it off.  Probably in settings.  

Its also the only reason people can quickscope in CoD.  I find it funny that people still try arguing that qs takes skill when they are just abusing the aim-assist.  If someone can qs with it turned off then and only then will I believe that skill is involved.

ive turned mine off but no difference it still does the assist aim

I prefer it off except when people are using Ghost pro and laying in grass.

[quote user="UnOman757"]

nope never really noticed i guess just always thought i was just that quick.

how do i turn it off to see the difference?

[/quote]

After you select multiplayer, then player match, on the left side of the screen there will be a menue ......  choose "options".

Once in options, select "target assist" and choose "disable"

You can also select the options once the game stars by hitting the start button ...( the little one to the right of the big X button)

I'd have to look to be sure, but I believe there is also an option for "aim-assist" in single player mode. I havent done much sp though, so I dont know where it is.

[quote user="PFS xSaviior"]

I prefer it off except when people are using Ghost pro and laying in grass.

[/quote]

Exactly why I leave it on.

Also sometimes the aim-assist starts before you get around a corner giving you a clear indication that there's a guy waiting there.

Then it amuses me when it starts aiming at guys behind walls.