System Tampering?

I was playing Black Ops with some of my friends, then some guy asked me to look at his file share.  He had a picture in it that makes your Xbox freeze and you have to reboot it.  I unknowingly opened the pic.  I was able to beat it by ejecting Black Ops. 

My main question is, would this be considered System Tampering?  I've done reported him for it and for his name tag since it is offensive.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I doubt your story and intelligence.

I'm sorry but how is this System Tampering?

Um, I find it hard to believe a picture could have your Xbox freeze up. Unless the guy's obviously modding or something, there's no system tampering involved and your Xbox just randomly froze up, thus it's more a problem with the hardware of the system itself.

Hmm, are you sure your telling us everything, OP?

Are you still having freezing issues?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Covert Affairs - That was abit of a d***e post

Cru Hunter - Well believe it.  The photo was an intentional attempt at freezing people in Black Ops.  When you try to look at it, it will load to 100% percent than freeze.

LOL AT UR SKILL - No, I know it was the photo.  He waited until I froze and told me about it, a friend tried to warn me about it as well.  I ensure you that is what caused it.  I'm not ignorant.

Was the photo capturing something complex that happened in the game? It also wouldn't be a bad idea to post this thread in the CoD Blops forum. They probably heard of it. Link.

It was blocks in the preview pic.  Like a missing texture.

Was it a picture of partying lemons?

The OP tells the truth. I've aslo seen this before. It shows up on a fileshare as a blue-ish brown checkerboard looking thing. When the picture is fully loaded it does freeze up your console. And yes it is indeed system tampering.