System Player jumping??

So, I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but i've been hving some serious issues with my video player. I have a laptop and a mac connected up to it via a wireless network, and most movies or shows I watch work fine, however, some do not work properly. The video jumps and pauses, causing the audio to become out of sync. Files have been converted into .avi or MPEG4 and it still happens.The files work perfectly on the computers, but not through the Xbox. What am I doing wrong and how do I stop it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Buzzington87,

Sorry to hear about your issue streaming video to your console. Thanks for bringing the issue here to the forums for us to help.

So, my first thinking is that since you are on a wireless connection that it may be contributing to the issue.  Have you tried it with your computer and Xbox 360 both wired to the router to eliminate any performance issues that may be caused from the wireless connection?

If you would, can you move your setup closer to your router to try the wired connection, for testing? You'll be able to set up your gear the way it was once we know the results of the wired test.

Give it a shot, and let us know the results.  Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Some video apps are having problems since the last update.   Many reports of crashes and failed playback errors are  being reported from Zune/Xbox Video and Youtube but, give it time as the support staff is working on fixes.  Thank You for the report and Good Luck!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.