system link black ops 2

Hello Xbox Live! Because we migrated to a new house I don't have internet connection (i'm using wifi of my old homespot now). Me and my brother lives in the same house and connected our xbox's with an ethernet cable. So in my xbox there's onen plugged connected with his one (also plugged in).

Now when we want to play Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 system link, his names appears but I'm not able to join the game. Also our both NAT type's = strict. 

Can you guys tell me what we need to do so I can join his game untill we have internet? 

IP Settings - Automatic

IP Address: 169.254.122.114

Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

Gateway:  0.0.0.0

DNS Settings - Manual

Primary DNS Server: 169.254.122.1

Secondary DNS Server: 169.254.122.2 

That are our details at this moment.

Please tell me how we are able to join eachothers game so we can play some 1 vs 1?

PS. That IP adress was automaticly given by our ethernet wired cable connected to our xbox's

Regards,

Tokunb0h

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Hey there Tokuu! I'm having trouble understanding, are your consoles currently connected to the internet? I'm just not sure if you're using the wifi or not.

At any rate, it sounds like it could possibly be an issue with either your NAT or with both you and your brother being on the exact same IP address. Can you tell me if you and your brother's consoles were both assigned the exact same IP address?

What I would try would be setting both of your NATs to open. (Use this guide: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict).

I feel like if both of your NATs are Open it could resolve the issue. So I'd give that a shot and let us know how it worked for you. ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.