System freezing/Disc spinning issues.....

If you are having problems with this game causing your xbox to freeze on startup, or with the disc spinning at high speed even though the game is installed to your HDD, there are solutions to these problems.....

To avoid freezing, simply sign out of Live before starting up the game. Sign back in on the 'press start' screen. This should prevent all freezing issues.

To start the game without the disc spinning, simply play some music(from a USB or from your HDD) before starting the game from the dashboard. This will prevent the disc from spinning.

The freezing issue seems to be tied into update data, so that should be fixed eventually with a new patch.

The disc spinning issue has something to do with some new disc formatting Microsoft is using. I've heard that this is expected to go away when they do the system update before the end of the year.

I hope this helps.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

appreciated

I'm having the same problem what you just said. I hope this would fix the issue

thanks for the update

So I was kind of right the update does cause the game to freeze

Been having this issue, Thanks for the advice/info. I will try it out l8r, Cheers.

Thanks! I just came here to ask if game freezing on startup is a known issue or if my console is dying. Glad to hear it's not just me.

I had been having the disc spin issue myself. Thanks for the informative topic!

I don't normally bump my own threads but this seems worth it.....

Thanks for this thread!

thanks.  glad im not the only one.  while i appreciate the work-arounds, these better be fixed immediately.  shouldn't have to do extra steps just to play the game.  and each time i play i worry what damage may be happening to my xbox.

The issue I'm experiencing sounds like this but I wanted to clarify with everyone if I'm having the same problem.  As soon as I begin Arkham City (generally when I hit "start" on the games opening menu) I get the red and black checkerboard pattern.  Is this what you guys are experiencing or is this something else?  My other games play fine...whether from disc or via the arcade.  I was able to play the game the night I got it for about 2 hours but now....nada.