System Freezing Up

my 360 seems to be lacking the horsepower necessary to have a smooth experience.  I have the game saved to my hard drive.  Any advice on how to minimize the game freezing?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

try clearing your cache that sometimes helps

Are you talking about the single player campaign? I had 3-4 moments where the game stuttered and froze up for a bit. Sometimes it lags behind while it loads parts of the level or textures... or so I think. In multiplayer I've never had any framerate issues or stuttering. BUT the game did freeze once while I was in a jet, and I had to shut my Xbox down with the power button. It hasn't happened since though.

Clearing my cache seems to have solved my problem.  Thx Archst3r!  

miskrat, the game would freeze in single player campaign.  I understand the occasional stutters when all hell breaks loose, but having to physically restart is brutal.  

on a positive note, i always have the option to play dig dug if the freezing continues.  Cheers

Mine just froze in Multiplayer, the game before I was stuck in the "deploy" screen after my first death.

How do you clear your cache on the 360? I did not know that was possible

Nevermind...figured it out! Thanks Mate

It still does not work for me, whenever I am in a loading screen in Battlefield 3 it just still freezes and I cant play it... all of my other games stil work but its just Battlefield that keeps freezing

I just had an issue where my whole xbox stopped responding when it was almost finished loading "Comrades." It wouldn't respond to the guide button or anything. After having it do this three times, I tried installing the game to my hard drive, which I should have done sooner anyway since I have the space for it. That fourth time, instead of just freezing, the screen went black and it stopped responding (previously, it froze on the load screen).

I went to my hard drive and deleted the update from the marketplace--something like 2.1GB--and it loaded just fine after that. I haven't tried redownloading said update, but that is what fixed it for me. I need to try the update again and see if it duplicates the problem.

I hope this helps other people, because I couldn't find any other posts on the particular problem in the first page of my search.

-Ben

So I redid the marketplace download and it was fine for a while. I don't remember right now which mission it was, but on one of them my xbox froze again and went black. I played for a while, though, and it was fine both before and after the freeze this time. It is most likely because of the update.

-Ben

i am lagging since 1/5/12 on multiplayer it just skipping and i move all over the place this has been the first game i had with this problem. did something happen to the servers?