switching games, COD Ghosts to Titanfall game wont play.

after playing COD and then taking the disc out and putting in TF I keep getting an error telling me to clean my disc, then after closing that box it will redirect me to games and app to purchase the game. need a fix... cant play either game now!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HI my suggestion is uninstall both games and install again and do hard rest hold down the power button for 5-8 secs

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@e1122r , are you in the Update Preview? If so, this is a known error where, when playing any game, often switching to another game will result in a drive issue that gives a disc read error, dirty disc error, or even a "do you own this game?" message. This is fixed sometimes by ejecting and reinserting the same disc, but doing a hard power cycle (hold power light on the console for about 8 seconds, then wait until you see the orange light on the power supply before powering back on) is often the most reliable fix.

The devs are aware of and are working on this issue with the subsequent builds of the current update (1404.)

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with all games I own. I have not tried a hard reset but powering down disconnecting the power for 10 sec or so has given me the ability resume playing. I just hope I am not damaging anything else by doing this. Wow is it aggravating to get that message while still in game play.  Oh I am a beta tester as well so I know what I signed up for just a bummer somtimes

Sorry this didn't help.

Jaymo1978 I would like to inform you that I have done exactly what you said and it temporarily fixes the issues, that is until I go to eject my game to put in another one only to get the same message for the next game that I put in. Then I have to hard reset rinse and repeat just to play the game that I had just put in. Ive even deleted all accounts (including mine) then hard reset, then even unplugged the cord from the xbox and the outlet. Waited 60 seconds, plugged everything back in, redownloaded my profile to still find the problem still resides. I mentioned this only because i saw on a different forrum thatnthis resolution actually helped someone. It didnt for me. Is there gonna be a update to fix this situation I hope soon? I have a feeling if I keep doin this rinse and repeat proccess I may end up in some way damaging my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Jaymo1978  I am also having same issue I have un-installed the games I have and re download and issue is still persisting. I even took the same measures as turbo and removed my accounts and re downloaded the profile, still didnt work. Then I factory reset my xbox and STILL not working. This issue is not cool once so ever. I have 14 xbox one games that I have to reinstall because of this update. Im not very pleased with Microsoft right now, feel like I threw away $500. Hopefully this gets a update very soon or I will see a playstation 4 coming into my future.

Sorry this didn't help.

I wouldn't go as far as reinstalling 14 Xbox One games to fix this. There seems to be a problem with the latest update that gives out 'disc is dirty' errors, so powering the console down completely (press power button for five seconds) is an effective workaround until the problem is patched properly. For some their console works faultlessly after doing this once, others are having to do it each time they switch discs. Either way it is a workaround until a real fix is applied, and taking much further steps rarely yield better results.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

if I reinstall, will I loose all my data for that game?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Skinnz and Turbo, this is 100% related to the 1404 preview update, yes, and it's fairly widespread. The troubleshooting steps you have all tried are the proscribed methods of "fixing" it, but I use this term loosely because for those of us experiencing it, it is VERY temporary. The only step I haven't seen recommended other than by 1 person is the deleting/reinstalling of the profile. I saw the same post you have, and if it worked for him that's awesome, but he's literally the only person I've heard for whom it worked.

Also, according to official Xbox staff here on the forums (mistur niceguy) the issue is being addressed, and they will be posting daily updates on the preview forum. As of now, the three issues they have identified are 0x21 (dirty or damaged disc), one asking "do you own this game?" shortly after starting, and also the disc sucking back in after ejecting (which is persistent, and the one I have.) Each are related to the same issue, which is actively being worked on by the devs. Time will definitely resolve this!

@e1122r when you say reinstall, do you mean the game, or the profile? In either case, I'm fairly certain the answer is "no, you won't lose gamesaves" because these are backed up to the cloud. As soon as you delete from the console, the saves are still in the cloud and should sync up after you reinstall and launch the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Much thanks jaymo1978. My only other question is this now, considering it is temporary ive gone ahead and unregistered myself from the preview updates due to this exact issue. That being said when going back to this app it told me I will no longer be receiving updates from this preview update after the next wave of updates begin. So my question is, since im no longer a member of this preview update will I still be receiving the update that fixes this issue even after the next wave starts? (That being said just in case the nect update fixing this problem doesnt come out  until the next wave starts) because I have a bunch of friends who are just as worried as me seeming how they unregistered as well? A reply back amswering this specific question would be greatly appreciated at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please excuse typos for im using a tablet and not a computer. Just wondering if it will be a worldwide update instead of a preview update just for im sure im not the only one who has unregistered themsevles. Im also not sure if this was a worldwide update either for ive seen people who said on forums they havent even taken the preview update app and still got the update themselves.

Sorry this didn't help.