SWBF III Rumor

Take this with a grain of salt -

[quote user="EGM"]Here’s one that’s been buried for a while. Rumors have once again begun surfacing about Star Wars: Battlefront III, thanks to a job description and CVs.

-

The CVs and job listing suggest that the title is in development at Spark Unlimited who have brought us Call of Duty: Finest Hour and Legendary: The Box.

-

A job listing on Spark Unlimited’s website, spotted by PlayStation Lifestyle, calls for a ”senior combat designer for a 3rd Person Action/Adventure sequel in a high-profile science fiction franchise currently greenlit for full production development for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC markets.”

-

That could be anything though right? Well couple it with the LinkedIn profile of John Lawrie, former senior software engineer for Spark Unlimited, which lists under past projects an ”Unannounced third-person sword fighting game (well known IP, Xbox 360, PS3).”

-

Another developers LinkedIn profile also reads: “I have been working for three years in a AAA third person shooter using Unreal Engine and Kynapse AI middleware.”

-

Finally to add fuel to the fire Spark Unlimited recently sent out this tweet: “Since we are working on a sequel for a well known sci-fi franchise, all aspects must remain secret.”[/quote]

Link to article

I personally don't think its true.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Jazz. Only one person will get that. Anyway, this looks pretty legit. Kinda. Sorta. Not really. If it is true, then das cool.

lets just hope that this time they actually spend more than a dollar on the AI, because it was awful in both previous Battlefront games.

That was the major weak point, and if all they did was add AI that wasn't a bunch of smurfs, I would be all over it.

I don't see it happening. Not from these guys.

This is the people who made Legendary and Turning Point: Call of Liberty. Even if this is true, would it really matter?

Im not getting my hopes up because I don't want to get them crushed when its revealed that the game in question is not BF3.