Survival Instincts Without Black and White

I've been playing this game for a while, and when I get stuck or just can't find that last little piece to one of the objectives, I'll use the survival instincts. It's also a big help when I get turned around and disoriented and don't know which way I was walking. 

Anyway, when I was playing yesterday, the survival instincts button stopped turning everything black and white, but it still highlighted stuff in yellow and the giant light beams still lit up for my objective destinations. This lasted for the whole time I was playing (about 2 hours). I don't know how it started, or why it was happening like that, but I really liked it better that way. It was like making the use of the survival instincts a little less helpful and easy. Everything that was supposed to light up yellow did light up, but the rest of the screen remained in full color. 

Now, it's back to the normal black and white monochrome today. I looked everywhere in the settings and options for a way to get back to the "no-monochrome" but I can't find anything about it. I even tried pressing different button combinations together with the LB hoping that maybe a special key combo (that I accidentally pressed) was what did it last time. I've searched Google for any mentions of this, but came up empty. 

So, the question is did my Xbox just have (an awesome) glitch yesterday? Or did I accidentally activate a feature that I just don't know how to turn back on? Has anyone else had this happen? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hi!

Yes this happened to me yesterday too while I was in the summit forest. Pretty weird huh?

I didnt think much of it because I was going to bed anyway and then today it was fine.

Where did yours happen?

I think mine may have always been like that. I actually think that is how it is supposed to be, so it isn't *too* powerfull