Survival Horror Games?

Does anyone know of any good survival horror games? I already have both of the Dead Space games (go figure). Games like Resident Evil 5 and Bioshock may be considered horror, but they really aren't what I'm looking for. Guns with lots of ammo and lot's of enemies with guns.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hannah Montana is a horror.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Not all horror is focused on tension and scares.

[/quote]So you think that L4D is scary?

[/quote]

Just because something is horrifying, or horrific, it doesn't mean it's neccessarily scary.

alan wake

Fear?

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="dual skorpionz"]

It typically does when it involves movies. Saw isn't that gory...violent? Absolutely, but no more than Dead Space. It's got some neat puzzles to solve, so it's not just endless killing.

[/quote]The horror concept of the game comes with difficulty, plus low ammo supplies plus, parts that make you "jump". Not simple gore. Saw is not a horror film, it's a slasher film. There is a difference. Some people think that it's considered horror because they're squemish. Totally different reaction, being scared and being disgusted.

[/quote]

Play Saw on hard. Good luck finding ammo in that game, and it certainly has parts that make you 'jump'. Are the movies 'horror' movies? Yes, that's exactly what they are. Especially the first one.

--

The fear of death and helplessness (Saw) plays perfectly into it being a horror movie, and scaring people. Now the movies after the first have been terrible and pure gore fests, but the first...and the original game...pretty much fit the bill perfectly.

All the ones mentioned above me .... i'd suggest Deadly Premonition - Alone in the dark.

Survival horrors aren't safe like shooters.   Some shooters just happen to have zombies or something.

Wait for Code Veronica to be re-released.

The survival horror genre is dead. It is a restricted genre that was born out of pigeon-holed limitations that carried on because it was unique and fun. Not even the Resident Evil series is survival horror anymore. Alan Wake... Condemned... Saw... or anything with zombies... these don't make a survival horror genre.--And they're not. I'd like to give a list of suggestions, but Dead space 1 was the last survival horror game I know of.

Sorry, all I've got it this laptop.