Survival Horror Games on Next Gen

Gonna be so sweet! I'd kill for an original Dead Space remake with updated graphics.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I cannot wait for The evil within.

From what I've seen so far that game looks very average.

Honestly, I found Dead Space to be very average.

That's a very peculiar opinion considering there is nothing like it on the 360 that I can think of. There aren't any games I know of that focus around cutting off limbs, that have no HUD by default, and that have a similar setting. Average is used to describe something that is similar to another. Dead Space might not be a game you like, but it's definitely not like anything else. You start getting into Dead Space 2, and Dead Space 3 you start loosing quality and now it's just a co-op TPS ala getting EA-ified with micro-transactions and all.

-

The gameplay I've seen so far of Evil Within features some guy with a chainsaw who cuts off your head when you get too close *cough* Resident Evil 4 *cough*, slow zombies that waddle through windows, and some demented creature with a girls head and long black hair that conceal her face (such a new design)

-

Now I just sound like an ***, but thats what happens when you insult a gamers favorite game.

Well lets see how it ends too soon to tell. Another game that looks promising is the one where you will  play as a ghost i forgot the name.Not everybody have the same tastes and colors.

I know what game you're talking about, and I thought it looked like fun until I saw gameplay, which looks really lackluster.

I'm looking forward to the Evil Within as well.  More up my alley than Dead Space.

Dead Space was okay, but I didn't feel any fear or anything.  I ate popcorn and didn't even throw any.  Want a REALLY scary game?  Take a break from your xbox and play Outlast for the PC.  

LOL Isaac then just say it ...You want a  new  Dead Space that keep the roots of the first. The problem is that EA don't believe anymore in offline games so expect something like the 2nd or 3rd DS if your wish comes true or the HD edition you want.

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

Dead Space was okay, but I didn't feel any fear or anything.  I ate popcorn and didn't even throw any.  Want a REALLY scary game?  Take a break from your xbox and play Outlast for the PC.  

[/quote]No game ever really has made me scared to be honest, but Dead Space got everything right when it comes to my favorite sci-fi. Gritty Machines. Scary Alien Species. Alone in Space. Improvised Weapons. All that stuff is what makes a perfect tense setting that I enjoy. I think a game with those qualities on next generation would make me buy a console immediately.