Survival Changes

With last night Gears Launch Event on Xbox live we finally get details on Survival. Only 10 waves instead of 50, class based strategy versus earn money but fortifications. And these 10 waves are suppose to be brutal, especially on high difficulties. I like these changes, 50 waves always seemed to much, 2 hours to complete 50 waves was just too long to play that often. I like 10 waves very manageable. Also like how when you lose fortifications, they are gone so you have to work as a team.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

You're right, 50 waves was often too much but I do hope that 10 waves of survival are quite a bit longer than 10 waves of horde.

i think its a mistake not having 50 waves of hoard. i use to really enjoy getting a group of friends together and going thou all 50 waves, i liked the way hoard started slowly and got tougher as you progressed. i sure i will enjoy survivial but it sounds like it basicially waves 41-50 of normal hoard and how hard would it of been to put the hoard we all knoww and love in aswell as survivial mode

I had so many mixed feelings with the launch event on xbox. Especially with survival. I dont think it should replace horde. Yes horde takes hours to beat but what I liked is you can use any weapon and set up camp anywhere on the map. I see survival as Overrun but vs bots instead of players.

I have a feeling that there could be a very small chance they will add it in later seeing as they already have execution on the list to download later on. I dont see why they took out everything in the old Gears. Execution was there since the beginning. Its like when they took out Guardian and eventually put it back into Gears 3 as dlc.

Epic has proven they listen to their fans, and continually make changes to their games. Sometimes they are not the changes you want but their dedication gives hope that they will make this game awesome. And fix what needs fixing, the new horde does seem like overrun with bots. But not sure if that is a bad thing yet.

Billy not being funny but this gears has next to nothing to do with Epic it is made by people can fly, who i know are a group within Epic but there not the same team that worked on the other Gears games also alot of the people who made gears great such as Cliffy B have left the company, i get the feeling people can fly have made these changes to put there stamp on there game and not just copy what Epic did with the other games and hopefully they will be justified with a great edition to the series. i have pre-ordered this game ahead of alot of other big releases in march so i have faith it will be good game but just get the feeling we may all be left alittle dissapointed?

Don't get me wrong, I think this game looks amazing and the story will be just as good as the rest, but I'm hoping the multiplayer will really have a lasting appeal. At the moment, it seems like its in the air. It does have alot of potential but the question will they use it correctly. I do think the older game were slower and clearly they say its way more fast paced. From what it sounds like theres only 4 game modes and 2 of them are FFA and TDM. I'm personally more of an objective person like KOTH or guardian so to me Overrun is just there. Its cool yes but will I invest a lot of time in it? Probably not.

I cannot wait for this game to come out. I know i may sound contradictory but like I said this game has potential. After watching the launch event thing, I was really excited but i felt as if i was left hanging. Theres really no way to see how the game goes until we actually play it.

While many people have left that were core to creating gears, many more have stayed. PFC was also involved in Gears development for the previous games. Epic might not be doing all the work but they sign off on everything, and they still have final say on all of it. I think we will be okay, it might not be the best gears, but then again it might. I get your point, but I am optimistic that this will be a great game.

Survival is not Overrun with bots, sure the objectives are there, but the point is to survive all ten waves, and the locust AI is not limited to the playable characters in Overrun. Locust characters seem like they are the same as Beast mode. Kind of...beast didn't have the rager (soon to be my favorite Locust ever. A Sniper drone/grenadier type of unit crossed with a berserker? count me in)  =) watch this video, and pay attention to the types of Locust that are actually Boomers, bloodmounts, drones. Horde 3.0 indeed. Only ten waves, but it does make it faster, and despite it being only ten waves, I doubt it would be over quickly. They've shown a full match of Overrun on Estate, and it lasts about thirty minutes with two teams of human controlled characters, so I'm sure it would be difficult and time consuming to survive all ten, leading to that 'just one more try' situation.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="[View:http://www.youtube.com/embed/v6PAk43ehCA]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6PAk43ehCA]