Supposedly free game isn't free?

I was directed to Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale through a link, which said the game was listed as free.  When I clicked the link, it did indeed go to the game, which was listed as free.  However, when I click to purchase this "free" game, I'm told that I don't have enough points, 800 to be exact.  Of course I didn't have the points to purchase the game, if it was 800 points, but it was listed as free.  So why would I need the 800 points to purchase this so-called free game?

I figured that perhaps I had been misdirected via the link, so I closed out and went to xbox site directly, and looked for the game.  Lo and behold, the game still lists as being free.  But again, when I try to purchase it, I get told I don't have enough points.  So this supposedly free game requires 800 points, and then I get refunded, or something?  No, I don't believe in that, I shouldn't be charged in the first place.  So what am I supposed to do?  I have screenshots that show the game listed as free, and I need to get this resolved.  I was interested in the game, because I've played the trial and had fun.  However, I wasn't interested enough to purchase the game for 800 points, or approximately $10 US, I just don't have the money to cover that at this point.  And honestly, the game didn't seem worth $10.  It DID seem worth paying nothing for it, since my husband and I have spent quite a bit of money on games with this company.

I have contacted phone support, and they were unable to see the same screen.  Apparently, it was showing the original cost of 800 points for them, and they were just as puzzled as I am with why I was seeing free.  With my mac, I've taken the screenshots, but I'm not sure how to post them.  However, if someone official can contact me, I'd love to provide the screenshots, or I have the tab with the Daggerdale price still open.  I can easily provide proof that this is what is happening to me, if I have some way of showing someone my physical evidence.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

it depends

what region are you in?

not all regions have the same marketplace and not all offers extend to all regions

if you are doing it from the website

you need to change the region at the bottom of the page to match your ACTUAL region

when you goto the marketplace it will usually queue the appropriate regional content that's usually when the price is corrected

if you do not live in the US then your marketplace must be changed to find out what the price is actual by changing the webpage to your actual region

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, apparently the region was India.  I corrected it, and am now seeing the 800 point price for the game.  What a rip-off.  Well, I appreciate the suggestion, it was the right answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

AS far as I can tell it is for the US region all other regions don't have that promotion

Sorry this didn't help.

oops my bad yes its india

yes promotions don't transfer between regions

Sorry this didn't help.