Suppose to be Next Gen, why we not seeing 1080p in Games?

It's just been announced that the new Metal Gear Solid game will run at 720p on the Xbox One but will run at 1080p on the PS4, why are we seeing games running at 720p on the Xbox One? why are we not seeing them run at 1080p like the PS4, I've got both consoles but use my Xbox One more as I'm a big Xbox fan but seeing games running at this isn't good when it's suppose to be nex gen, I'm not getting it as I'm be on Titanfall for a long time but as I said why are we not seeing games at 1080p when it's suppose to be Nex Gen?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Becuase MS chose to go the media route and Sony the gaming route , we saw this back in 2010 when kinect released

The One is more than capable of 1080p, you only need look at Forza for that.

Likely it is a combination of developers learning the new system, after all you need to make sure your game works well with the Snap features, and they feel that the power is better spent elsewhere.

"They (Microsoft) are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One" - Bolcato, Sniper Elite develop. 

Source

I think the Xbox One will start to hit 1080p with decent frame rates eventually, but at the expense of game detail, the console is more of a multimedia platform than a dedicated games machine and unfortunately that comes at a price, this is the reason so many people protested when Microsoft unveiled it...

Because the XB1 is a big box of trash...

Games this time around have been put on the sidelines with tv and video streaming being the main features for the Xbox one. The evidence was there right when they first revealed the Xbox one, it was all about the television and media streaming aspects of the console and nothing about the games. Microsoft has been trying to get into television entertainment for years to no avail. This is my personal opinion but the Xbox one wasn't originally designed for primarily just games like its predecessors but simply a tool to get into the television entertainment market under the guise of a video game console. Is it interesting they are making deals with television networks around the world satelite, freeview networks and even a CBS executive was part of there reveal at E3.

The thing I don't get is how Micro$oft let this happen?? The last I checked Micro$oft is one of the top leading of software. So how can a giant like Microsoft not be sure there game system would not run at 1080?? I just don't understand it? It should of never left the blueprints this way. Who in there right mind would ok this? Didn't they have expert advice on something like this? Wouldn't you want to release a game system that can run 1080 with room to spare so the game designers could make games for youre system running at 1080 without having to dig and sacrifice stuff to get it too?

It just seems stupid realy.  

It's basically a combination of what WILK0 and voteDC said except that I wouldn't say the Xbox One is more than capable of 1080p because that simply isn't true. The Xbox One is a compromise not unlike a computer with a mid-range to lower high-end GPU, that is starting to show age. You can either run things at 720/60 on high or bite the bullet and go 1080/30-60 on medium to low. Forza 5 is a prime example of this. Yes it's 1080/60 but it dropped from high to medium graphics settings. That said the question to ask yourself as an Xbox One owner is the same one that devs are asking themselves: Resolution or graphical fidelity because you can't have both. Optimization will help but let's be real the GPU is weak compared to PCs as is the PS4 GPU, plus AMD just released new cards. Hardware choices this gen were terrible and it will show later as this next gen is already 4 years old.

Piggy-backing onto what Ascenion wrote... does anyone remember what the 360 games looked like upon release of that console?  Now, fast forward and notice the graphical improvements utilizing the same hardware.  Same thing.  Any console, no matter how new, no matter who makes it, is gonna pale in comparison to what you can do with a high-end PC.  Calling one a gaming machine and one a media machine is just more Internet gaming-media babble.  

My question is how many people are actually using tv through the xbox?  Not me, I don't want my xbox on all the time.  And where is xbox on this situation?  No statements? News?  I'm getting pissed hearing that xbox can't support 1080p, I'm losing hope, might go back to PC gaming, cause ps network is just garbage.