superb!

just wanted to say, this game is incredible! haven't got so addicted to a game since Fallout3.

i'd never even heard of XCOM up to about 4 months ago when i read some stories about this version comparing it to the older one. i had never played a turn-based strategy game like this one before. i used to love old RTS games like the old C&C games a few years back, and spent a lot of time on End War (also a great game imo), but had never played a game like this before.

and i LOVE it! it's superb. alright, so it's annoying when your soldier misses a shot with a 98% change of a hit, and it's weird when they constantly shoot through walls, but ignoring the downsides, this is a BRILLIANT game! it's like the greatest board game ever, but with moving soldiers!

I don't intend to go online with it or anything - just having a great time on the SP.

LOVE this!!

Great job Firaxis!

Credit where it's due etc.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Agreed, SP is amazing. Haven't played much MP cause I keep hearing it's bugged and I don't have much interest for MP anyways.

I love MP just as much as SP, it is indeed buggy at times, but very interesting not knowing what the other play as brought and the tactics they are going to use. After almost 200 matches I still find MP more intence the SP. Love it.

I must say I originally wasn't keen to the game from what I was reading and comparing it to the original. Took a chance and I'm glad I did! I just completed the game, playing it far to often, and eagerly started again using what I learned to see how I can improve the play. It's an excellent game and successor to the original.

I got both XCOM and Halo 4 for xmas...let's just say that Master Chief is giving me the stank-eye for letting his game gather dust...

Yeah it's a truly fantastic game , very , very addictive.

Second only to Borderlands 2 as my favorite ever 360 game

It's probably the best game i played on my Xbox last year, and i will probably be saying that next year too...

Yeah I love it too. It's always nice to see something a little different (that doesn't end up being repetitive). I had my doubts about the learning curve at first, as I found it very easy and was thinking about raising the difficulty, but it's sorted itself out thankfully!

I just bought it yesterday and I'm loving it.  Very good game.  Very intense at times.

[quote user="MjrMcBeeferton"]

I just bought it yesterday and I'm loving it.  Very good game.  Very intense at times.

[/quote]And the beauty of the game is, it just gets better and better...

Bought it yesterday and played it solidly today. A few issues but overall it's highly addictive! Some things that bug me are those flying things that appear and disappear and your guys can't target them. Others are when your soldiers can't hit a barn door from 5 yards...