Summon Durnehviir Shout (SPOILERS)

So right now I'm long done with the main questline as a Vampire Lord, I'm reading that you get that shout after defeating Durnehviir after leaving with Sarena's mother's elder scroll. I defeated him the first time before receiving the scroll, then a second time when he's waiting for you outside of the prison after getting the scroll, and I immediately left to the Soul Cairn exit. Was I supposed to stay or something? I passed by the area again recently to get Arvak's skull but the dragon was no where to be found. Am I screwed?

EDIT: Also, was I supposed to get the "Legend" achievement from that too? The one that says to defeat a Legendary Dragon. I didn't get the achievement.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

[quote user="Hyojiin"]

So right now I'm long done with the main questline as a Vampire Lord, I'm reading that you get that shout after defeating Durnehviir after leaving with Sarena's mother's elder scroll. I defeated him the first time before receiving the scroll, then a second time when he's waiting for you outside of the prison after getting the scroll, and I immediately left to the Soul Cairn exit. Was I supposed to stay or something? I passed by the area again recently to get Arvak's skull but the dragon was no where to be found. Am I screwed?

EDIT: Also, was I supposed to get the "Legend" achievement from that too? The one that says to defeat a Legendary Dragon. I didn't get the achievement.

[/quote]

Was he attacking you the second time? He was not suppose to be attacking you the second time you meet since that is when you are suppose to receive the shout. Anyways, I also left the soul cairn after retreiving the elder scroll. It wasn't until much later that i found out that i had to go back into the soul cairn and retreive the shout from the dragon. So i went back and he was perched on a rock right across from the castles entrance (where you first meet senaras mother) I must have completely missed him the first time after i left the castle in the soul cairn.  I only had to defeat him once though. So what happens is that you defeat him the first time and collect the elder scroll. Then he is suppose to be waiting for you outside the castle entrance on a rock and that is when he will talk to you and give you the shout. I think you might have attacked him by accident or maybe you ran into a glitch.

I found the wall but sadly he's not there, even after waiting days and days.

I would like to know this as well. I play a sneak character so I shot him twice before even thinking. His health was gone, but he just sat there. Didn't talk to me (like I've since seen in videos).

Were you able to find him? I don't want to restart!

That's definitely my best bet at finding him, thanks. Do you know which area of the Soul Cairn map he was on? (NW, SW, etc)

when i was walking around the soul cairn i found him on a half broken dragon shout wall so if you look he might be there for you

Yeah that's where I'm screwed =/. Do you know of any other means of finding him in the Soul Cairn? I didn't speak to him so I didn't get his summon shout.

the legend achievement is for killing legendary dragons that appear after level 70 and to get shout when he talks to you after you defeat him and gives you his shout and if you summon him three times he gives you the words for soul tear