summer of arcade!

im wondering why doesnt xbox make an disk   with all the summer of arcade games since its a special promo thing but other arcade games would be  cool in a disk also  ..... because i have a friend that doesnt have live ( its a shame ) but my friend loves arcade games i love them 2 but   ill rather buy a disk  so i can take it to other peoples houses to show them the game  and so on but im wondering  how come arcade games dont come in a disk  they have some but i want more! any ideas? or what evers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Because XBLA /on demand games are the bait to lure gamers into  Digital Distribution .

Don't they make more money with digital distribution?  Not as much cost.

Also, I think it would create an issue with the developers. Usually in any given compilation, there are some games that drive sales better than others. This usually isn't an issue as most game compilations are from the same developer (I.E Namco Museum, Popcap arcade, Konomi classics). In this case, how would you split the profits? Equally? Surly some of the Summer of Arcade titles would be more popular and pull in more sales for their respective developer.

Pretty much what Johnny Sinister said is right.

im getting what u r saying but they have a arcade disk  and its different developers  ( it has trials hd, limbo, and  another one) its kinda lame they  dont make more arcade games on disk  :( i hate digital games  they have a different feel to them

[quote user="Johnny Sinister"]

Also, I think it would create an issue with the developers. Usually in any given compilation, there are some games that drive sales better than others. This usually isn't an issue as most game compilations are from the same developer (I.E Namco Museum, Popcap arcade, Konomi classics). In this case, how would you split the profits? Equally? Surly some of the Summer of Arcade titles would be more popular and pull in more sales for their respective developer.

[/quote]Licensing issues aside... it could work. Microsoft pays the Summer of Arcade host devs each an agreed amount of money for permissions and MS would reap the benefits of actual disc sales. I'm just saying.

[quote user="I M CHINCHILLIN"]

im getting what u r saying but they have a arcade disk  and its different developers  ( it has trials hd, limbo, and  another one) its kinda lame they  dont make more arcade games on disk  :( i hate digital games  they have a different feel to them

[/quote]

Games on disks aren't any less digital.

But yeah, I do know what you mean. I'd feel the same way about retail games being sold on the marketplace, but with arcade games I don't mind.

A lot of those Arcade games can be found on the internet for free.

Games like Pacman, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Frogger, Centipede, Missle Command...etc...can all be found in the links in my signature.

[quote user="Tyrannosaurus X"]

A lot of those Arcade games can be found on the internet for free.

Games like Pacman, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Frogger, Centipede, Missle Command...etc...can all be found in the links in my signature.

[/quote]

Those aren't Summer of Arcade games.