Suggestions: New to Batman series

I just picked up this game. Ive read great reviews on it, but, Ive also read that the tutorials are a bit lacking, along with it not being terribly intuitive. I havent played it yet, so Im not sure.

For those who've played this series, any gameplay or upgrade advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Actually, there is no tutorial. But it does tell the controls on the gadgets once you obtain them.  Advice: have detective mode on (LB) most of the time so you can spot doors and Riddler Trophies.

I'd recommend playing the first game (Arkham Asylum) for the control scheme is much more user friendly, the campaign isn't very long and it'll give you a good foundation for the changes that they made for Arkham City.  Without that previous experience, I certainly would've been a little overwhelmed by the new layout...:-)

I haven't played the first one, but it turned out okay. Advice: the enemies are nearly impossible to knock out without a ground takedown , ( LT+Y ).

Like the OP, I was new to the Batman series.  Walmart had a package deal had AA free with purchase of AC.  Played Arkham Asylum first and found it enjoyable and helpful when I got to Arkham City.  MonsterZero65...if you make the move I would get both games and start with Arkham Asylum (as stated by Arkham99).

I too would recommend playing Asylum first so you can get a better feel for the controls and the actual story line.

although the games are very similar,when you go back to AA after playing AC the game feels a bit clunky and you can really see the improvements they have made in AC.

I would recommend playing AA first as well so not to ruin the experience of playing it.

Hit one the game walkthru site just for the cheat sheet for the quick keys. Ex LT +Y for a quick batclaw..  B > X (repeatly) for a beat down. Etc

you really are doing yourself a great injustice not playing asylum. like they said before you will get the whole story, and it explains all the controls. all the gadgets you start with in city you earn along the way in asylum. so by the time you beat asylum you will be well versed in all of the gadgets. it really is an excellent game.

[quote user="JayCueBATMAN"]

I too would recommend playing Asylum first so you can get a better feel for the controls and the actual story line.

[/quote]me too.