Suggestions for Never Saw It Coming and Love The Boom

Just beat the game today and I am only left with these two achievements asides from the co op ones. Looking for suggsetion as to where some good places that these can be done. I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that I will need to start a new game as I have cleared out all the outposts. After I beat the game I went back to the airfield and there were five guys left and for the life of me I could not get four of them together. One would always go off in one direction while the other three would follow me around. Out of frustration I killed one of the Rykats that nearly ran me over and they became hotstile. I looked for a group of them to see if I could get the Love The Boom achievement on them but could not find a group of four. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Remember, starting a new game means starting over with no weapons like the boom and you don't find the boom until last in the storyline. As for never saw that coming I pop this achievement by not killing anyone from a glider it just popped for me when I was doing the doctor's bidding also when I found the boom and pop this achievement too. I really don't find any reason to do a replay on this game except for a couple of achievements otherwise, once you finish this game that is it, the game becomes a dead game. There are no achievements to beat on hard or better it is all the same throughout the game for achievements.

I good place to do it is at an outpost with a LOT of people. Make sure you have the rocket launcher or grenade launcher and a silenced sniper rifle. Pop a guy off with the rifle from a tall bush that's close to another person so they go into alert mode. Let them start looking for you (if they get close to your bush, move a little so they don't "touch" you) and wait for them to start goin back to their post. Throw rocks to try and either halt them or group them together. Pull out rocket/grenade launcher when they get in a close enough radius and BOOM. The other one, get to the mission where you have to raid the beached ship to get the radio call on where your friends are. There should be a zip line and a pirate close to it. Throw a rock to get him close to the line and continue like normal. Obviously have the death from above perk too.

I got the "love the boom" achievement in one of the rakyat challenges. One where you had to get as many point as possible by blowing people up with a RPG.

How i got them, I got LTB on the pirate outpost that had 6 dogs. Threw a couple rocks, they all clustered around it. Got a good frag in there, bam. As for the other, i got it on one of the great opportunities in one of the ruin areas that Buck has you go through.

The boom one for me was done at a random road block in the middle of nowhere. I started a fight, backup arrived and boom. Never saw it comin is a bit trickier. One of the wanted dead missions is at a base of a very high mountain so not a bad way to go there. Just look for high mountains before starting fights. Also Hoyt's compound seems to still spawn guards at random so maybe try there.

The Boom can be obtained at any point in the game as soon as you have the RPG or launcher. I think you can also do it with C4 or a grenade. Just fire an unsilenced gun at a random road or shoot at a passing car then hide. Lots of vehicles will soon arrive. Wait for a nice group to form up then fire your RPG/launcher. Never saw it comming is a bit easier if you have a bit of patience. There will be plenty of chances on the southern Island. If you have the recruit uniform enemies who are under a zipline won't even move so you can just zip down and take them out.

I remember going to an outpost and freeing an animal, and the entire outpost started hunting it down. I didn't know how to deal with all of them silently so just threw a grenade...and that's how I got the achievement ;).

I got never saw it coming in one of the missions where you have to get the knife for Buck. There was a zipline in one of the temples that I detached myself from as I was over top of an enemy.

The rocket launcher is the easiest way to kill 4 at the same time. I tried dropping C4 and luring guys to it by throwing rocks at the explosive while I crouched in a nearby bush but could never get more than 3 in the blast radius.

As for the never saw it coming thing.... On the second island once you have your suit you can jump off a high mountain onto any random pocket of bad guys below. There's ample opportunity for this.

What I haven't been able to do yet is kill a bad guy from a ledge underneath. I need to in order to get that last perk unlocked. Anyone have any ideas?

I must've lucked out with The Boom.  After the burn the drug fields mission, after I blew up the boat, I had a few enemies to clean up but was having difficulty, so I jumped in the ocean swam away and circled back and found six of them converging on the same spot.  I used an explosive arrow, fired at a center -ish guy, and the explosion took all 6 of them down.