Suggestions for good weapon/enchantment combos?

Im quite keen to get more enchanting skills and also want to put some good stuff on a suit of dragon scale armour. I made myself a nice glass bow (Legendary) and enchanted it with Soul Trap. It pretty much kills most non-boss creatures in one hit if i get a sneak kill. I love it.

Now i have a ton of filled soul gems, a smithing skill of 100 and a shedload of dragon bones, scales, ores and leather. Im eventually going to go for 100 enchanting to get the double affects on items.

So, what would people suggest for some great weapon/armour enchantment combinations?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depends on your playing style. On one of my old characters who was a thief/assassin I had:

• Gauntlets with 56% Archery and 56% pickpocket increases
  • Necklace with 41% Archery and 56% pickpocket increases
  • Ring with 41% Archery and 41% one-handed increases
  • Boots with 40% fire and frost resistance
  • Hood with 20% archery increase

They all benefit my playing style and (as you could guess) gave my archery a lovely damage boost. I never enchanted the weapons though.

i like the soul trap enchantment

I have two elven bows one with soultrap and one with 40 pts of fire. I also have an ebony bow with 60 pts of absorb health. I also have archery enhanced hat and gloves since I don't wear armor. I also made a pair of muffle boots which I wear most of the time and the necklace and ring are changeable from sneak enhancements to magic enhancements as needed. One good thing to make is a carry enhancement. I made a ring of 67 extra pounds. Rings are the best things to enchant with seldom needed extras since they are light. I still haven't found anything with water breathing but I'll make a ring when I do. A ring is much lighter than even one "just in case" potion.

[quote user="The Lady Bastet"]

Rings are the best things to enchant with seldom needed extras since they are light. I still haven't found anything with water breathing but I'll make a ring when I do. A ring is much lighter than even one "just in case" potion.

[/quote]

I'm just wondering why our characters can only wear ONE ring?!?

Why not one on each hand at least?  Or one on each finger (or would that be too powerful?)

But seriously, two rings seems reasonable!

I don't know why they limited the rings function either. Before in games you could wear 2 rings at the same time, (eg, Morrowind and Oblivion).

Yes, I do miss the second ring quite a bit. BTW, snce we're talking about enhancements. The wiki says that you can wear the gaulder amulet and equip a second necklace. Then it is even possible to equip a third and have the game drop the gaulder. I just repaired the gaulder amulet (that was a hairy battle) but if I equip it then equip another necklace the game just removes the gaulder. Does anyone know if this is a former glitch fixed in one of the patches. Until I can dual enchant I sure would like to wear a magic & health necklace.

[quote user="Akradon"]

Depends on your playing style. On one of my old characters who was a thief/assassin I had:

• Gauntlets with 56% Archery and 56% pickpocket increases
  • Necklace with 41% Archery and 56% pickpocket increases
  • Ring with 41% Archery and 41% one-handed increases
  • Boots with 40% fire and frost resistance
  • Hood with 20% archery increase

They all benefit my playing style and (as you could guess) gave my archery a lovely damage boost. I never enchanted the weapons though.

[/quote]

Im quite interested in this topic too, about enchanting. One thing that i want to ask you though, is when for instance you have 4 archery increases like you have done, do they stack up? So above for example, the archery would stack up to 158. Am i right in believing this?

Yes...they stack

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]

Yes...they stack

[/quote]

Saying that i should have knew that they stacked cus im wearing a ring and a helmet with increased archery damage on lol

To the OP, here's a combo I use...

One Daedric sword  with Frost and Shock damage

The other steals health and fills a soul gem