Suggestion: DBZ Kinect Game

Now, who else thinks this would be ****? I grew up on DBZ and would love to see this game made (made well). I was playing Kinect for the first time with some buddies and we played the boxing game on Kinect Sports. As soon as we discovered that if you squat down and put your hands in the air it looks like you're "powering up", it was on from there. Just **** aorund doing DBZ stuff. (This was after getting rug burns doing legit slides in soccer and my buddy repeatedly trying to hit an actual bicycle kick by doing one in front of the TV).

Anyway. Dragon Ball Kinect. Get on it.

I wanna be throwing down Special Beam Cannons!

Discussion Info

Last updated November 10, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I grew up on DBZ as well, and I'd love this idea, although people might get hurt, but I wouldn't care The moves could be voice and motion activated.

It would probably end up turning out to be "Slow Motion DBZ" because I don't really see how they could simulate the fast action of DBZ with your actual movements.  But anyway, I grew up on DBZ, too.  It's still one of the only real anime shows that I've ever watched.  My only beef with the show is that, after Cell, I never really felt like the Saiyan was a powerful beast.  It was the same cycle over and over again....  How can a Super Saiyan 4 seem so weak?

[quote user="Chris PharmD"]

It would probably end up turning out to be "Slow Motion DBZ" because I don't really see how they could simulate the fast action of DBZ with your actual movements.  But anyway, I grew up on DBZ, too.  It's still one of the only real anime shows that I've ever watched.  My only beef with the show is that, after Cell, I never really felt like the Saiyan was a powerful beast.  It was the same cycle over and over again....  How can a Super Saiyan 4 seem so weak?

[/quote]Im going to have to stop you there... us dragonball fans like to pretend that GT doesnt exist. considering it had nothing to do with the manga, and was only created literally to try to milk it for everything it was worth, it was absolute garbage. although i did find that the buu saga was kinda dragged on, still FAR better than anything that was in the GT series.

And i do agree, i don see how the ultra fast moves would be handled in kinect... who knows, maybe they would find a way

Not going to happen, not with Kinect.

[quote user="robert999220"]

[quote user="Chris PharmD"]

[/quote]Im going to have to stop you there... us dragonball fans like to pretend that GT doesnt exist. considering it had nothing to do with the manga, and was only created literally to try to milk it for everything it was worth, it was absolute garbage. although i did find that the buu saga was kinda dragged on, still FAR better than anything that was in the GT series.

And i do agree, i don see how the ultra fast moves would be handled in kinect... who knows, maybe they would find a way

[/quote]

Okay, I guess to understand my perspective, you have to understand the timeline.  When I was an early-mid teen, I watched all the episodes (except Dragonball) up until the end of the Cell Saga.  Just this past year (I'm 23 years old), I bought Seasons 7-9 and GT 1-2.  I literally watched episode after episode JUST to finish the series.  It was miserable.  So yeah, you're right... I don't ever remembering it dragging on so bad when I was younger.  The Great Sayaiman(?) was the worst Saga by far.

So that's why it seems that I clump the later seasons with GT.  Because I watched it all at the same time.  I honestly just wanted to finish the anime that I loved so much as a teen.

I want them to make a good non-fighting Dragon Ball game for once. The fighter games are lame. I want more DBZ games like the classic SNES RPGs

I honestly enjoyed the Gameboy DBZ games.  But my eyes can't handle the small screens for long periods of time anymore.

The Gameboy games were fun.

I mean, it wouldn't be crazy fast too. You aren't gonna just be going nuts in front of the camera. But you should be able to do the main attacks, and I think it could differentiate between an open hand palm and a fist (energy blast v . punch).

I nvr watched all of GT, but its not as good. DBZ *** is awesome though.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

I want them to make a good non-fighting Dragon Ball game for once. The fighter games are lame. I want more DBZ games like the classic SNES RPGs

[/quote]