Suger Cane

Hi, I've been trying to find out all day if suger cane respawns in Minecraft, I've taken every possible suger cane in my world (that I know of) and finding it really hard to find some so I can make some book shelves, many thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

let me guess you didn't bother in Harvesting, if you still haven't used them all go and put them next to water so that they can grow to harvest them.

You can grow it. It has to be next to water and on a dirt block. When you harvest it leave the bottom blocks so they grow back.

Take whatever sugar cane you have, all you need is ONE.  Plant it beside water.  Let it grow.  Once its 3 high, harvest the top two ONLY, leave the bottom one.  Then plant those two and let them grow.  You can harvest all 3 but you then need to replant them.  I find it easier to simply harvest only the top 2 segments and let the bottom stay to grow.  Saves re-planting.  Pretty soon you have all the sugar cane you can stand.  I quit harvesting it and I have 12 stacks of paper.

Also if you leave the last block in a cactus it will grow back also incase you didnt know :)

Thats the thing I don't have any suger cane, thats why I need to know if it grow back in the world without harvesting?

once it's gone, it's gone

Yeah you're screwed.

I'm sure that there os some left in the world, unless you searched every square inch haha! But yes once you find some, plant it next to water and when it is 3 high, harvest just the top 2.

YEEEEES!!, found some!!

In the most rediculous place ever, it was under the ground by a little pool, just seen the top section sticking out the ground, shouted "get in" and made my dog jump haha!

how do I plant it I've prepared the ground with a hoe, and it wont let me do anything, I've even tried planting it without using the hoe