Stupid Possible Open Tray Error with new Silent Hill

Ok, this is really starting to upset me. I've been playing Xbox 360 for a couple years now, still using the older Arcade console. had to replace it once due to red rings. Anyway, I've been playing all my games just fine, with the occasional bad scratch causing the game to not be read, but other than that no problem. I recently purchased the new Silent Hill Downpour(used, to save a few bucks). The first copy had a noticable scratch so when i put it in and it kept giving me Open tray after a few seconds every time i tried it, I figured that was the problem, all I had to do was exchange it for a different copy. Got the new copy yesterday, no scratches at all, looks brand new, but when i put it in the console, I got the same problem. Wait a few seconds then "Open Tray". I checked all my other games, and they all work just fine. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there! sorry to hear youre having problems!

Do you have access to another console (such as a friends) that you could use to test the game? At least that way you'll be able to see if it is a problem with the game or the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think you might have got a Pirate Copy,  please check for indication of  a pirate disk,  on the graphics side of the disk you can find out if it's pirated or not, compare it to your working disks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just another suggestion, try to take the hard drive out of your console when you try and load the game and see if that makes any sort of difference. If not, then that means that there's something wrong with that specific console reading that particular game. If you have problems with newer games down the line and continuously get this Open Tray error you'll need to get the console repaired as there might be an issue with your disc drive. You can find information about getting that done here.

Sorry this didn't help.

And now its my whole console -_- is there any possible way to fix the open tray error or do i need to send it in for repairs?

Sorry this didn't help.

Other than the steps provided in the Open Tray troubleshooting guide located here, other than that nope.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, H311H0UND10! I'm curious to know what other titles you have tried? Are the other titles used copies as well and if so where did you purchase them?

Can you confirm that you tried all of the steps from the Disc Drive Solution guide that Hassassinade linked above? I'd also be interested to know if you were able to try the disc in another console and if so, does it work correctly? Thanks for the clarification! Standing by for your response. :)

Sorry this didn't help.