Stuff in openable chests different for everyone's game??

I was watching a video on the Lost Knife Cave run through, and the guy opened a master lockpick level chest, and he got a warhammer that does 40 damage!  I did that exact same chest recently, and I got a shield, a scroll, and a bow.  They were good, but he got that warhammer plus other cool stuff.  I don't know how.  Does this show that everyone's chests contain different items?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you save right before you open the chest, pick it, and don't like what you get, you can reload and try again.  All chests have a randomization table for loot.

The loot is randomized. If you open a chest and then reload a previous save and do it again, the items are likely to be slightly different each time.

[quote user="ChillinnVillin"]

The loot is randomized. If you open a chest and then reload a previous save and do it again, the items are likely to be slightly different each time.

[/quote]

^This, also the higher your character the better loot you'll get.  Rare loot is .... well rare so every now and then you'll open up a chest and you'll find a powerful enchanted item/armor/weapon. 

Darken hit it.  Loot ls leveled as well as randomized.  Opening a chest at level 10 will frequently use a completely different loot table than if you open it at level 20.

Didn't you notice that early in the game, all you looted was fur and iron?  Then later you started getting hide and steel?  And then later elven?  Thats loot leveling.

Don't forget about the special Lockpick perk (Treasure Hunter - Lockpicking lvl 70 required) which gives you 50% greater chance to find special treasure.  That factors in to what you may find.

Same principle for merchant items as well? One time it has what I need in large bulk, I reload the game and it has a smaller total amount, are merchants money also effected like this as well. Some loads hes broke and other loads he wealthy.