Stuck on a store item

Hello, I am currently stuck on the store page for Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and have no idea how to get back to the main store page since there is no back button. The "Where is the back button?" question in the help menu when hitting what would be considered the start button even tells you that there is no back button! I have tried hitting every button on the controller, signing in as someone else, and rebooting the console, looked at and hit all the buttons on the Max store page, and am still stuck on Max with no way of getting back to the main store page. Either there is something I missed, or the person who designed the store without a back button needs a talking to.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Dark,

Not sure what is going on with the store for you but trying this. Click the Xbox Guide button so that you are viewing your Home screen and you see Max in the Store. With that highlighted (and still at the Home screen), click the Menu button (the old start button)  and you should see Go full screen and Quit. Select Quit then try again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thee Elf, I tried the possible solution you suggested, but to no avail. I am still stuck on the Max: The Curse of Brotherhood screen with no way of getting back to the main store page, your help was none the less very much appreciated, though!

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried restarting the console or power cycling (holding the Xbox console button for 8 seconds until it turns off)? Power cycling should hopefully do the trick for you as it clears the cache and resets the network card.

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar suggestion with a tiny difference. Go to the Max page in full screen. Hit the Xbox button. Press Menu on the controller (small button with the lines). Select Quit. Go to the top menu where you see pins, home, and store, scroll to store, so it is underlined. Press down once and you should be on the games section, press A.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue. I clicked on Spartan Assault and can't go back. I go to the Home screen, press my menu button and choose Quit. There are NO background instances of the Store running. I can even shut the console down and turn it back on but every time I relaunch the store, it loads up by default to this same stupid game's page.

Seriously, Microsoft? How hard can it be to add a freakin' BACK BUTTON?????

EDIT: So I went back and cycled the power on my machine and even that won't work. The store still loads this game's page. Saying GO BACK or hitting B on the controller takes me to the XBox's Home screen, not to the store's main page. This is BEYOND ridiculous. The store is completely broken at this point for me... even for the necessary apps I would like to download.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey All,

How did you access the game when you first got stuck? If you go through the games store tab and select a game from there you can then press B to go back and search others. the home button will only bring you to the home screen after viewing the game and selecting that main tile it will bring you back to where you last left off.

Try accessing games through that tab and let us know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're right. That works. The store will always save its last state, son in order to access the whole game library you should use the games tab to the right of the home screen.

Sorry this didn't help.