Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition has no download option and getting 800700e8 error

So SF3 came out in august of 2011 (not too long ago) and I just recently found out about it. I have tried downloading it over and over again this past week, but when you look where the download option usually would be, it's missing. So i can't just select to download the game. I researched this problem a little bit and found that some people had to download the demo and unlock the full game from within the demo. So I download the demo and try to unlock full game but when the purchase screen begins to pop up, i get the "800700e8" error. Was there some sort of licensing issue with the game and now it's unavailable like marvel ultimate alliance 2 dlc? Was it just taken off (i dont see this very likely)? My network is fine and I've already called MS support and been put through the loop of clearing out cache, changing billing address, try downloading from xbox website, deleting any corrupted downloads, and so on. I have also tried contacting capcom support for help but haven't heard anything back. Can somebody give me answers?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Well, unfortunately, if you have called the support center and they were not able to fix your issue then there will not be much we as ambassadors can do except refer you back to the support center to periodically check the status of the issue. The support center number is 1-800-469-9269 ( numbers vary upon region. This is the US number). Only thing I can suggest is calling support back and explain the situation again and tell them everything you have done as well as give them the error code again and see if there is any changes or updates. However, If it is still relatively new to the marketplace, there is sometimes a relative short wait fot the content to show up. Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue, exactly.  It seems the full game download has been removed entirely from the marketplace.  In fact, even from the XBLA website there is no purchase option for the full game.

I'm receiving the same error as OP when trying to purchase from within the demo as well. Clearly they've taken the game down.  What I'd like to know is why, and will it be back?  To do such a thing with no notice at all strikes me as odd.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am unsure as to why or when. The only idea I have in that area would be to contact the support center and see if they know. The number for the support center is 1-800-469-9269. Hope this helps both of you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox support isnt much help. The last person i talked to didnt know the difference between a video download and a game download link. they told me it WAS on there and it was FREE. i looked and it was a video file... I don't want to be referred to support, I just was hoping to get a response from somebody that actually knows what happened to the game. Somebody that keeps up with capcom updates or something. Thanks for the concern though guys.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, the only thing about it is that if capcom wanted it removed, there would be a notice on it. Also, the only ones that would know what happened are either microsoft support for xbox or the ones that wanted it to be removed. I will do some further investigation into this but as I dont work for microsoft, im not sure how much more information I can find. I will do my best to find something out for you though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, I am looking at it now and the game is there and ready for download. Costs 1200 MSP for the game. It might have been a glitch in the system. However, its there now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help. I don't know what happened. Maybe Capcom got my message

Sorry this didn't help.