Streaming whilst watching tv

So I've just tried streaming xbox games to pc, following an upgrade to Win 10...

Is the xbox not capable of displaying one thing whilst streaming something else?
I wanted to play an xbox one game on my pc while the wife's watching telly in the front room, but whenever I clicked on a game I brought it up on the tv as well as on my pc monitor.

Of course, I could plug my sky straight into the tv so the wife could watch it on a different input channel to the xbox but that defeats the point. I've always used the passthrough for my tv (sky) signal since I got the console.
Either Microsoft are now telling us we shouldn't use the hdmi passthrough, or I'm missing something obvious.
Hopefully (and most likely) it's the latter. Because the former is a quite a few steps past ridiculous.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:
Answer

Unfortunately at this time it appears the only way to get this to work is to avoid the HDMI passthrough having the cable/box plug directly into the TV. Obviously this prevents you from using some of the features but it will allow you to have the TV on one thing while the Xbox is streaming to the PC. However, you can still use other features in the Xbox App like volume adjustments, powering the TV on/off, etc. for some TV control. Hopefully in the long-term they can get the multi-function feature working so we are taking full advantage of the Xbox One versus splitting them and losing some features we've been accustomed to using.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.