Streaming problems - wired to desktop pc slow

Hello all,

the Windows 10 Xbox One app is working perfectly for me on 2.4 and 5g wireless and over the wired network to the laptop. 

Strangely the wired network from the main desktop PC running Windows 10 pro to the Xbox One is the only connection with issues.  The app itself is working fine and connecting.  The streaming test says high, medium and low are all available.  This connection has worked perfectly twice, once before the app update and once after.  Now I get this happening each time:

- Selecting streaming leads to a long delay before the Xbox One home screen appears.

- When the Xbox One home screen is on it is as if the screen is freezing every few seconds.  Using the controller I can hear the sounds for selecting apps happening so the controller is connected to the Xbox One via the PC.  The connection is far too slow to play a game.  As I say it is odd because it has worked flawlessly twice.  The connection is via a Virgin Media Superhub 2 but I don't think that is the issue as all the other wired and wireless connections are working fine.

Anyone experienced anything similar?  Any suggestions on where to start looking for solutions (I've updated every driver I can think of/find on the system).

Thanks for any help,

Mark 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Mark,

Your Virgin Media Superhub is indeed the problem.  I have one on my desk, and they cause a huge amount of packetloss which interferes with game streaming over wired.  I asked Virgin support about this, and their own support told me that hub is no longer supported.  I would suggest a different wired router or a switch.  You can put it into direct modem mode such that only one of the ethernet ports is active, that is what I had to do with mine.

Thanks for game streaming!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.