Strategic Maps

I've seen several strategic maps (the ones with the flags) in military camps and the Jarls' houses.  Do they do anything? What is their function?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know that if you click on the little flags, it will add a map marker to that encampment.

Yes, and they are all the same so you only need to do it once.

Awesome.  So, if I go to a camp and click on all the little flags, will I be able to fast-travel to those new locations?

I don't think you can fast travel until your character has actually been there..I think it's just to mark it on your map so you know it's there.

Those are actually RISK boards for the board game RISK: 4E 202.  HEHE  I wish it was RISK: Skyrim edition.

I found some little flags in the mountains.  I was like wtf?  But after clicking on them, I saw what they did so I was pretty happy, but I was like wtf'ing about how they ended up where they were.

I really wish there was a more detailed map of Skyrim available. The Oblivion wiki had a fantastic map that had every road and sub-road and goat path on it which helped me tremendously. I have a tendency to go straight to where I want to go and then struggle to climb a steep precipice only to get to the top and find the road i couldn't find before.  Bonestrewn Crater did that to me. I find the roads to work like mazes, sometimes it's easier to work backwards.

One of the later perks you get in Fallout 3 was the Explorer perk which will mark any remaining places you hadn't located on your own.  I miss that. : (

I agree about the detailed map.  I've spent way-the-crap too much time rock climbing.

Well google gamebanshee detailed skyrim map and you'll find a HUGE one....but my computer isn't close enough to my xbox and there's no way I'm going to print that monster.  I wish I could find a printer friendly one that would fit on one page. :p