Story mode question?

What's up everyone.  I am currently trying to complete the story mode on veteran.  I have been stuck on this one level and was considering dropping the level down to see what I need to do but I thought I would post a question first. 

I am on the mission where you are fighting the Vietcong, about midway through the level and you go through some underground bunkers.  You come out in the open looking down on a battle field where you have to hold off the Vietcong until help arrives.  I am in a group of soldiers after the plains drop napalm the guy you are following starts to go down, I shoot a couple of charlies and go down behind him, then there is a bunker to the right and left where you have to kill some more gooks.  When I restock on grenades and ammo in the bunker you have to go down again to another level of sand bags.  After this the group of guys you are with go no further.  Charlies just keep coming, I have tried to go down to the trenches but no one follows me and I die.  And I just hang out and run out of ammo. 

So can anyone tell me what you do after you reach the third layer of this part of the mission?  Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

there are 2 barrels that you have to interact with. 1 left and 1 right, on the level that you are on. they're blue i think.

Are they down in the trenches?  And what do you mean by interacting?  Every time I clear out all the gooks and I go down to the trenches I get killed by the gooks that have already taken their place.  Thanks for the info.

[quote user="DOTx SubZero"]

Are they down in the trenches?  And what do you mean by interacting?  Every time I clear out all the gooks and I go down to the trenches I get killed by the gooks that have already taken their place.  Thanks for the info.

[/quote]Hold X near the barrels.

Roll the barrels down towards the enemy and then shoot the barrels, thus exploding them and killing lots of them.

Thanks for the info.  I will give it a try, usually the game prompts you in some way on what to do by giving you an objective or the computer a.i. saying something to you.  They arent saying jack.  

the barrels are just under the bunker that is on the right, after you follow the dude your supposed to.  The barrels are filled with gas or something like that, and you knock them over, and shoot the I think, making them explode. That pretty much cuts off the enemy from flanking you on the right side of the map....

I can always trust the xbox forums.  Thanx for helping me out everyone.