Stopping Power, in or out?

Anyone heard anything if Stopping Power is back in for Modern Warfare 3? Preferably, and my opinion only, I think it should be left out. I've been an anti-Treyarch person since Call of Duty 3 up to the recent release of Black Ops. After going back and forth between Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, because I enjoy and play both actively I have to give some commendations for the improvements to Treyarch. We've never seen the glitches we have experienced in Modern Warfare 2, the maps aren't cluttered with players using Grenade Launchers and Danger Close and there isn't any Commando lunge, or just the regular knife lunge I seem to experience nearly every time I play.

So anyway, Stopping Power. I think the removing of it would greatly increase and encourage more class customization in the Call of Duty franchise. I do like the way the perks are set up in Black Ops, but I believe a switching of Ghost and Sleight of Hand between color slots would have been a better choice. I don't mind anything else, Ninja Pro is fine and was even buffed in the last update to remove the climbing and diving sounds your character makes, which is good and makes you realize how Treyarch observers and respects their community, which is sad, when they're the sloppy second developer Activision handed the development go-ahead to.

Does anybody know if it's being implemented? Do you have any other concerns or opinions to share?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

"In the time you wasted making this thread you could have found out for yourself by just going to Google and entering your question there."

IW will probably buff the guns to already have stopping power.

[quote user="Only One Snoopy"]

Here.

[/quote]

No official answer, and everything is either yes, or no.

[quote user="Housedaclown"]

IW will probably buff the guns to already have stopping power.

[/quote]

The guns don't have to be buffed at all, they do the same amount of damage as the guns currently in Black Ops when Stopping Power isn't enabled.

Stopping power should be in the game. If stopping power isn't in the game, then everyone would use cold blooded, and then kill streaks would be useless.

Stopping Power is OUT and thats a good thing. Now, like in BOs, Ill run a huge variety of classes using a huge variety of perks. I cant say the same about MW2, everybody had to use SP, except for that one anti air class.

I hope stopping power comes back and for all the people saying it had to be used your wrong I used the scar with silencer and cold blooded and rocked out as well as wa2000 with cold blooded and I got many a nukes in tdm that way. I also used the spas 12 with cold blooded all worked well. If they don't want to add stopping power fine but up the weapon damage more nothing like getting 7 hit markers and the enemy turning and 2 shooting you.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Stopping Power is OUT and thats a good thing. Now, like in BOs, Ill run a huge variety of classes using a huge variety of perks. I cant say the same about MW2, everybody had to use SP, except for that one anti air class.

[/quote]I don't know what you're talking about. There is some pretty effective classes with cold blooded, even with a silencer on high power guns do work. Lightweight is pretty damn effective for a running class. You can't say danger close is useless if so many people, perhaps even you complained about it. What I'm trying to say here that you're stuck in the placebo effect, where you think all of the other red perks are useless, where you're probably just using them in the wrong way.

Both or neither. Your call.