Stopped install, entire game deleted, taking forever to reinstall?

I downloaded Ghosts a few days ago. It took about two hours to install. Yesterday when I tried to play, it said there was an update to install. After spending an hour stuck at 98%, I stopped it. Well, that apparently deleted the entire game, as it prompted me to install the disc when I returned Home. Upon trying to reinstall, it went straight to queue for about half an hour while I repeatedly tried to restart installation. Now that it's actually installing, it's been about 5 hours total and I'm at 15%. Is there any way to move this along?? Because it would be super cool if I could actually play games on my console.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 120 Applies to:

I'm having the same problem!

I already had COD: ghosts downloaded, asked for an update, stuck on 98%, stopped it and then it said I had to install the disc again :s

I'm wondering why this has happened, do you have any idea?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problem except it's Fifa 14, it would be great if someone could help.

Sorry this didn't help.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/user/umfgaming1] check out this

Sorry this didn't help.

I talked to an awesome Xbox Support person over the phone. She told me to stop the install, take out the disc, then restore console to factory defaults. The console will restart. Disconnect from the internet, then put the disc back in and restart the download. Whole thing was redownloaded in less than 30 minutes. Yay! I'd try calling them if you guys are still having issues. But keep in mind that if you have anything downloaded already, you'll have to redownload it upon restoring factory defaults.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ugh omg thankyou thankyou thankyou!

You're literally THE best (:

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having this problem, but the difference for me is that it's Killer Instinct, an Xbox Marketplace game. I bought it (came with the Xbox Live Platinum membership) and installed it. Now it's saying 'installing' again, which I assume is an update. It queued at 27% and was stuck there until it eventually said 'installation stopped'. I tried reinstalling it a couple times, but it's still saying 27%, goes to queued, and eventually says installation stopped. It's annoying me cause I finally got around to buying the $20 Combo Breaker pack with the rest of the characters.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still having this problem with call of duty zero hour edition. I tried downloading it on 02/11/14 buttery time it got no further than 27% this time it's stuck on 51% I've tried to uninstall and download atleast 5 times now and it always just seems to stop. It's really annoying because I wanted to play this game before everyone else. If I knew this was going to happen I would have waited to but it on disc rather than the market place. I bet it wouldn't have took as long to download then. Can anyone help ? Ive been waiting around 48 hours for a game to download

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, x King Arnold x! This thread is almost a year old. I see that you've got some achievements from Advanced Warfare here on your profile! If you are still having issues downloading this game on a different console, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.