Stop comparing to Borderlands

Rage was in development before Borderlands. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I never played borderlands so I can't tell the difference anyway but if borderlands is anything like this Rage I just might have to check it out.

its not borderland but it reminds a lot of people of the game me included, when i describe it to people the best way to describe it is borderlands meets fallout meets red faction. yes this game was in development before borderlands but people played borderlands first hence the comparision.  how can you say this game doesnt in some way remind you of borderlands?  

I was actually thinking of buying this but if it's like Fallout and Borderlands, I won't bother. I didn't like either of those games at all. I thought it was a shooter...with RPG elements?

Why? That's exactly what this game is akin too. Just because one game came out before another doesn't mean the comparison can't be made. How about you be a little more open minded?

@Snotty chunks - If you didnt like Fallout and Borderlands. then dont bother,It's like a mixture of the two. Now for Everyone who liked those games even a little, This is a MUST GET!! this game is awesome, and the Graphics Are UNBELIEVABLE. You will not be disappointed ....  

[quote user="Snotty Chunks"]

I was actually thinking of buying this but if it's like Fallout and Borderlands, I won't bother. I didn't like either of those games at all. I thought it was a shooter...with RPG elements?

[/quote]

Ignore people who say it's like Fallout, the two games are nothing alike except that they're both post apocalyptic shooters. That's were the similarities end. RAGE is definitely more of an FPS than an RPG and plays like it, more so than Fallout and Borderlands were. It is more linear than those two with no real choices to be made that effect gameplay through the entire game like class, skill sets, gender etc. So I don't think you would be disappointed by it.

Comparing Rage to Borderlands is very fair. They are very comparable games, but they differ greatly from one another. Just because one game is used as a baseline for comparison to another doesn't mean that one is a copy of the other and doesn't detract from the unique nature of each title. Borderlands and Fallout are both fantastic games, they are some of the best games to be released in the last couple years. Putting Rage up in comparison to those two titles is a compliment to Rage, not a bash. It has elements of both games, but clearly stands on it's own as a unique title. When development started on either title is irrelevant.

"Comparing Rage to Borderlands is very fair. They are very comparable games, but they differ greatly from one another. Just because one game is used as a baseline for comparison to another doesn't mean that one is a copy of the other and doesn't detract from the unique nature of each title. Borderlands and Fallout are both fantastic games, they are some of the best games to be released in the last couple years. Putting Rage up in comparison to those two titles is a compliment to Rage, not a bash. It has elements of both games, but clearly stands on it's own as a unique title. When development started on either title is irrelevant."

Well said

I heard it was more like a cross between Doom and Quake but with the best graphics yet on the XBOX 360. THAT is why I was getting so excited about it...maybe I won't buy it on the day of release and come back and see what you ladles and jellyspoons have to say about it. It's out on Friday in the UK, isn't it?

I wouldn't say the graphics are the best on the 360, they're okay but nothing to gawk at really.